Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to your Sources Lists, you have Yakkety and Zesty repositories active. That could be the source (no pun intended) of your problem. You should only be using Zesty repositories "with very few exceptions" when running 17.04.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Is this a zesty install? It seems so?

Did you upgrade according to the Zesty release notes? i.e. ppa-purge the yakkety backports ppa instead of just letting it get disabled?

Is any backports ppa still enabled?
      On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Originally posted by barraclm View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]7182[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7183[/ATTACH] These are the sources according to Muon
        Others think your install is Zesty. However, the two CDROM entries at the top of the sources list suggests that you began by installing 16.04 and then attempted to upgrade to 17.04. True? If so, how did you attempt to upgrade to Zesty?

Regardless, my suggestion is that you save off important data to a removable media, download the latest Zesty ISO, burn it and install from it, overwriting what ever chimera you have on your hardware now. Then, reload your data.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

OK - thanks for all the advice.

I finally figured that something was badly broken as messages from Muon as to why it could not install, eg, KMail or Akonadi Console were nonsense. I purged Muon and reinstalled it - still got nonsense.

I didn't fancy re-installing Kubuntu so I reinstalled KDE-desktop. Fantastic. No more stupid messages from Muon. No more installation failures with no reason given from Discover. KMail and Akonadi Console both install via Muon and work.

Comment

Your sources list still shows 16.10 as the initial install, but you say you installed 17.10

Did you install the alpha of 17.10?
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Brain too frazzled. I installed 17.04 originally and reinstalled from 17.04

Comment

Working...
              X