X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifying sound of a 3gp file

Hello.

I have a 3gp file that has sound that I would like to modify, for example, change the bass and treble, etc. I have tried vlc. Amorak, and Dragon Player. Can you recommend a programme (graphical interface) that will allow me to edit and save the file.

Thanks
    Last edited by anonprivate; Aug 29, 2017, 03:41 PM.
    kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

Audacity ,,,,I believe can do this ,,,can I walk you through it ,,,no

this should do however https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjvOo1_nn5Q

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

+1 for Audacity.

Audacity is very easy to use, very powerful and should do what you want perfectly.
      Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
      Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Thanks to both.

This is a videofile. Will Audacity be suitable for such a file? Because you have recommended it, the answer must be yes. Audacity for Ubuntu platforms (presumably).

Best wishes.

Comment

Oops! OK, I should have checked the type of file first. I just assumed it was an audio format file.

Not sure but maybe KDEnlive can do what you want. Or Handbrake might be able to. A search online might be useful.
          Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
          Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

ya ,,OOPS you can edit the audio with audacity ,,,,but you will half to use a video editor to replace it ,,,,,,,I just DL'd some sampel 3gp's and will do some testing .

VINNY
            16GB RAM

Comment

OK forget Audacity for video work ,,,,install Kdenlive ,it's in your repo but you may have an older version I have

Code:
              vinny@vinny-Bonobo-Extreme:~$ dpkg -l | grep kdenlive
              ii  kdenlive                                        4:17.08.0+p16.04+git20170822.0248-0                   amd64        non-linear video editor
              ii  kdenlive-data                                   4:17.08.0+p16.04+git20170822.0248-0                   all          non-linear video editor (data files)
              in xenial ,,,,,,,,,,,,I used a sampel 3gp from hear http://www.sample-videos.com/ it's big buck bunny clips in several formats/containers 3gp is at the bottom .

in my test I,,,,,,,opened kdenlive dragged the sample to the project bin box (upper left) then dragged that to video1 in the time line ,,,,,,right click the video time line and click "split audio" then rite click again and click "ungroup clips" ,,,,now you can edit the audio ,,,,,,, I chose ,,,right click the audio track time line >add effect>audio>0-f (their are hundreds of them so grouped in sections) "10-band stereo equalizer " the effect will appear in the effects window next to "project bin" I turned up the first 2 sliders (bass) and a midrange ,,,,,,their is a preview player "upper right" where you can test what you are doing ...after having the audio changed enough to be "apparent" I clicked the "render" button "top menu section" you do not get a 3gp option ,,,,but the original 3gp is a mpeg4 with acc audio in a 3gp container ,,,I just chose HQmp4 ,,,the render took about 6min on the 10MiB file and produced a 34MiB mp4 ,,,,,,,if I had to put it back into a 3gp contaner I would use "ffmpeg"

I then put both videos into VLC's play list and played a bit of each back to back ,,,,,,yes the audio edits took well ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

VINNY
              16GB RAM

Comment

You are a magician, Vinny!!
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                  You are a magician, Vinny!!
                  every once in a wile ,,,,,,,,

if anyone once to check out the edits ,,,,,give me your email and i'll add it to a shared folder on dropbox ,,,,,you can PM me if you want the email to be kept privet ,,,,I've already added the videos to the shared folder

VINNY
                  16GB RAM

Comment

screen shot of the project at the point of getting ready to render ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

VINNY
                    16GB RAM

Comment

Good work, Vinny!

I use Kdenlive occasionally myself ... but I'm not so familiar with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod J View Post
                        Oops! OK, I should have checked the type of file first. I just assumed it was an audio format file.

Not sure but maybe KDEnlive can do what you want. Or Handbrake might be able to. A search online might be useful.
                        I have Handbrake on my system. I believe that it is a transcoder, rather than an editor.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                          screen shot of the project at the point of getting ready to render ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

VINNY
                          I am giving you housepoints for an exceptional effort to help.

Comment

I am giving you housepoints for an exceptional effort to help.
                            whats the matter ,,,,look like to much work

did you not want to do the dropbox thing to see/hear the difference in the sound ?

VINNY
                            16GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                              whats the matter ,,,,look like to much work

did you not want to do the dropbox thing to see/hear the difference in the sound ?

VINNY
                              It is just a mark of my appreciation for all the work that you have done.

I should be able to hear the difference in sound from my file, once I have got the hang of the programme.

Best wishes.

Comment

Working...
                              X