Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O ya ,,,I new you were giving me a thumbs up ,,,,,,,,,I just wanted to hear you were going to actually try it out

happy editing , and good luck

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
      O ya ,,,I new you were giving me a thumbs up ,,,,,,,,,I just wanted to hear you were going to actually try it out

happy editing , and good luck

VINNY
      I am working on it.
      kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

Comment

OK forget Audacity for video work ,,,,install Kdenlive ,it's in your repo but you may have an older version I have

Code:
        vinny@vinny-Bonobo-Extreme:~$ dpkg -l | grep kdenlive
        ii  kdenlive                                        4:17.08.0+p16.04+git20170822.0248-0                   amd64        non-linear video editor
        ii  kdenlive-data                                   4:17.08.0+p16.04+git20170822.0248-0                   all          non-linear video editor (data files)
        in xenial ,,,,,,,,,,,,I used a sampel 3gp from hear http://www.sample-videos.com/ it's big buck bunny clips in several formats/containers 3gp is at the bottom .

in my test I,,,,,,,opened kdenlive dragged the sample to the project bin box (upper left) then dragged that to video1 in the time line ,,,,,,right click the video time line and click "split audio" then rite click again and click "ungroup clips" ,,,,now you can edit the audio ,,,,,,, I chose ,,,right click the audio track time line >add effect>audio>0-f (their are hundreds of them so grouped in sections) "10-band stereo equalizer " the effect will appear in the effects window next to "project bin" I turned up the first 2 sliders (bass) and a midrange ,,,,,,their is a preview player "upper right" where you can test what you are doing ...after having the audio changed enough to be "apparent" I clicked the "render" button "top menu section" you do not get a 3gp option ,,,,but the original 3gp is a mpeg4 with acc audio in a 3gp container ,,,I just chose HQmp4 ,,,the render took about 6min on the 10MiB file and produced a 34MiB mp4 ,,,,,,,if I had to put it back into a 3gp contaner I would use "ffmpeg"

I then put both videos into VLC's play list and played a bit of each back to back ,,,,,,yes the audio edits took well ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

VINNY
        I can't find 10-band stereo equalizer

Are you using version 0.9.6. This is the only version available for my version of kubuntu in the repo

Comment

hold on ,,,,,,I was in my 16.04 install when I did that and it hase the Neon /dev/stable repo as well

I am in the 14.04 install now and will install the version @hear and see what I see .

VINNY
          16GB RAM

Comment

you are correct ,,,,the vertion of kdenlive in 14.04 (0.9.6) has fewer effects ,,,,go to ,,,right click the audio track time line >add effect>audio>M-R and their is Multiband EQ ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

VINNY
            Last edited by vinnywright; Sep 02, 2017, 12:29 PM.
            16GB RAM

Comment

you are correct ,,,,the vertion of kdenlive in 14.04 (0.9.6) has fewer effects ,,,,go to ,,,right click the audio track time line >add effect>audio>M-R and their is Multiband EQ ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
              VINNY
              Thanks. I will try that. I have also put a question on the kdenlive forum. It is very slow and many questions are not answered. But I have one response (same advice as yours), and like you he is on a more advanced version. If he gets back to me I will keep you posted.
              Last edited by Snowhog; Sep 02, 2017, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anonprivate View Post
                Thanks. I will try that. I have also put a question on the kdenlive forum. It is very slow and many questions are not answered. But I have one response (same advice as yours), and like you he is on a more advanced version. If he gets back to me I will keep you posted.
                well some of us like to stay current and/or bleeding edge with our software as a lot of it adds new or more features with every release.

but their is also the fact that current and or bleeding edge can brake things that used to work ,,,,,So I tend to keep several versions of things around ,,,,,as of now I have Kubuntu-14.04 & 17.04 ,,,,,Neon-/dev/stable (was Kubuntu-16.04 but I added the /dev/stabel repo and it "ate the kittens") & Neon-user-LTS ,,,and Debian-8 KDE on this box .
                16GB RAM

Comment

well some of us like to stay current and/or bleeding edge with our software as a lot of it adds new or more features with every release.

but their is also the fact that current and or bleeding edge can brake things that used to work ,,,,,So I tend to keep several versions of things around ,,,,,as of now I have Kubuntu-14.04 & 17.04 ,,,,,Neon-/dev/stable (was Kubuntu-16.04 but I added the /dev/stabel repo and it "ate the kittens") & Neon-user-LTS ,,,and Debian-8 KDE on this box .
                  On the advice from the chap at kdenlive, I have updated kdenlive via a PPA to version 0.9.10. He said that 9.9 is rather unstable.

I have had a look at the equalizer that you mentioned and turned down a number of the lower frequencies to see the effects. I could not detect any differences. Did you have to make a lot of adjustment to effect the sound?

Do you what the blue band indicates in project manager?

Did you get buzzing at the end of the audio track. Stopping ends this.

Best wishes.

Ps. Making some progress
                  PPS. Where are the PPA's stored?

Comment

well ,,,,I turned up the lower frequencies and 2 of the mid's the lower a lot and the mid about 1/2 way from 0 to the highest the slider would allow ,,,,and yes I could hear a difference.

no ,,,,no buzzing ?

hear ,,,,,, https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aaynkhil9...vw1x3NEIa?dl=0

the diff is subtle lissen at the same volume on both clips (kinda lowed ) and just a bit of each right after each other .

I lode them both in vlc's play list window and start one watch to the point where the butterfly flies over big buck bunny's head and the apple drops then hit the stop button and start the next one ,,,and back and forth

VINNY
                    Last edited by vinnywright; Sep 04, 2017, 09:09 AM.
                    16GB RAM

Comment

well ,,,,I turned up the lower frequencies and 2 of the mid's the lower a lot and the mid about 1/2 way from 0 to the highest the slider would allow ,,,,and yes I could hear a difference.

no ,,,,no buzzing ?

hear ,,,,,, https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aaynkhil9...vw1x3NEIa?dl=0

the diff is subtle lissen at the same volume on both clips (kinda lowed ) and just a bit of each right after each other .

I lode them both in vlc's play list window and start one watch to the point where the butterfly flies over big buck bunny's head and the apple drops then hit the stop button and start the next one ,,,and back and forth

VINNY
                      I will try a few more frequency adjustments and listen intensely.

Best wishes.

Ps. Is kdenlive the most recommended video editor for kubuntu?

Comment

https://itsfoss.com/best-video-editing-software-linux/

for Kubuntu ,,,,yes

but

lightworks is a pro program as well

as is blender ,,,,but blender is SO complex I would not try it unless you like to throw and brake things around your house ,,,,,,,,but the big movie companies use it...and lightworks pro as well.

VINNY
                        16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                        X