This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing and Trying Mycroft AI KDE Neon Plasmoid

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

THANK YOU!!

This is the PERFECT thing to hook into my KParadigm shift so that I can talk to the computer for...PLAYING MUSIC OR VIDS...on the television instead of using the wave in the air mouse!

I'm going to cross post to my thread.

And, after the madness of beginning a new semester is over I'm going to try this out!

thanks!

woodHEYMYCROFTthankGreyGeeksmoke

Thank you Grey Geek.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

have you tried it GG ?

I'm installing the plasmoid right now well running the install script

VINNY
      Last edited by vinnywright; Aug 10, 2017, 04:28 PM.
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
        have you tried it GG ?

VINNY
        it works ,,,,first try

now lest see what to do with it ?

VINNY
        16GB RAM

Comment

well ,,,it works sporadicly and the mike is ,,,,,,touchy some skills work and some do not .

VINNY
          16GB RAM

Comment

have you tried it GG ?

VINNY
            Been celebrating my 76th birthday with my wife since Tuesday. Spent the day with my younger grandson and got back a couple hours ago from the last event, a dinner with my daughter and older grandson.

I just finished installing Mycroft's plasma widget. It took 35 minutes to compile on my Acer.

When I clicked the slider button to turn it on it wouldn't connect. Making the changes in /usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.mycroftplasmoid/contents/code/startservice.sh,
            #!/bin/bash

cd /home/$USER/mycroft-core*/
            #./mycroft.sh start
            ./start.sh service & ./start.sh skills & ./start.sh voice
            paplay /usr/share/sounds/freedesktop/stereo/dialog-error.oga

didn't work. BUT, if I ran that line on the CLI in ~/mycroft-core/ it worked. Then Mycroft said it got connected to the Internet and gave me the registration code. I went to home.mycroft.ai and created an account and registered my laptop there using the code the plasma widget gave me. Then I started getting the wavy line in the blue header box when I spoke "Hey Mycroft" and gave it a command, which it responded to. When I closed the plasma dialog and just said "hey mycroft" and asked it a question the answer popped up in a message box above the system tray.
            NEAT!
            There are dozens of skills available. I'm going to play some more!
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

woodpayingattentionsmoke
              sigpic
              Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

When I turned my computer on this morning Mycroft's speech recognition unit failed to recognize voice commands, but the CLI is working. So far, nothing I've tried, including what I did yesterday, worked.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                  When I turned my computer on this morning Mycroft's speech recognition unit failed to recognize voice commands, but the CLI is working. So far, nothing I've tried, including what I did yesterday, worked.
                  check that your mic is on and turned up ,,,,,,,,,,,,then maby remove the widget then re-add it and/or log out and back in then do that .

I never changed the code in /usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.mycroftplasmoid/contents/code/startservice.sh, BUT did seem to have luck with running the /home/me/mycroft-core/mycroft.sh start ,,,,,,,you can see in the console that it it dose indeed start all services despite what was said in the video...but their is some lag time.

if you run it wile it's (supposedly)up it will disconnect and not come back until you "toggle" the switch in the UI and wait a minute or 2 ,,,,,,last night wile playing with it it would seem to loose the ability to get sound input after some time of to much background noise (the TV) causing it to not recognize anything I was saying correctly ,,,,understandable for sure.

the "fox news" skill works , the "open firefox"(or any app) seems to work the wiki (something) works but a short summery of info.

VINNY
                  16GB RAM

Comment

check that your mic is on and turned up ,,,,,,,,,,,,then maby remove the widget then re-add it and/or log out and back in then do that .

Did all of that before I made the post above. Still no joy. Going to tinker some more and if I can't get it running reliably I'm going to roll back to my @ & @home snapshots I made before I installed Mycroft.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                      Did all of that before I made the post above. Still no joy. Going to tinker some more and if I can't get it running reliably I'm going to roll back to my @ & @home snapshots I made before I installed Mycroft.
                      well it comes with a nice text to speech engine you can have read text files to you ...

VINNY
                      16GB RAM

Comment

Well, it would certainly help if I turned my mic volume up!
                        It's working great again!

Comment

Just a pic to show some of the results of vocal requests to Mycroft:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	mycroft_dialog.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	643574

Comment

mycroft will install in Kubuntu-17.04 now , if backports repo is enabled .

Name:	Screenshot_20170812_105813.jpg
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	643575

VINNY
                            16GB RAM

Comment

I find the mycroft voice recognition to be a little "touchy" to enable. This information will be useful:
                              https://docs.mycroft.ai/installing.a...q/audio.issues

Here is the alsamixer setting that works best for me, both without an external mic and headset, and with one.

Name:	mycroft_alsa_settings.jpg
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	643576

Also, one can change the wake word from "Hey Mycroft" to something else. The problem is getting the phoneme right.
                              Here's how:
                              https://github.com/MycroftAI/mycroft...oft-in-Spanish
                              It works the same with English, juse use "en" for "LC" in the example, and chose the English dictionary.

Comment

Working...
                              X