This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox opens folders in Gwenview instead of Dolphin

On my Kubuntu 14.04, when I open the Firefox browser, go to my list of downloads and click "Open Containing Folder", Firefox opens the folder in Gwenview instead of Dolphin. I cannot figure out how to change this.

Under Settings -> Default Applications -> File Manager I have Dolphin as default.

In Firefox under Preferences -> Applications I see nothing about how to open folders and no mention of Gwenview.

Does anyone know where I can change this? Thanks!

rite click a folder ,,,,,click "properties" then "file type options" make sure "Dolphin"is at the top of the list in "Application preference order"

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
      rite click a folder ,,,,,click "properties" then "file type options" make sure "Dolphin"is at the top of the list in "Application preference order"
      Thanks. But Dolphin is already on top.

Chrome and Chromium can open Dolphin correctly. Only Firefox insists on using Gwenview.

Comment

What happens in safe mode or with a new profile?
        Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

hmmmm
          how about changing the settings to restart with an empty session if nothing else works.
          woodsmoke
          sigpic
          Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Is SystemSettings --> Applications --> Default Applications --> File Manager set to Dolphin?
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
              What happens in safe mode or with a new profile?
              The same happens when I use "Restart with add-ons disabled" in Firefox.
              The same happens when I start Firefox with a different profile.

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
              hmmmm
              how about changing the settings to restart with an empty session if nothing else works.
              woodsmoke
              The same happens.

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
              Is SystemSettings --> Applications --> Default Applications --> File Manager set to Dolphin?
              Yes.

I dunno. I think I'll give up. :P

Comment

Working...
              X