This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMD Ryzen and Gigabyte MB unexpected irq trap at vector 07

This seems to be known problem causing the boot process during installation to be halted. Nothing can be done.

Can somebody tell me how to solve this problem ?

If it's a known motherboard problem I'm not sure what could be done aside from installing an updated bios that addresses the issue, which I assume would be available or soon would be from the Gigabyte website. Have you checked the site to see if a bios is available that addresses the issue?
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Already installed the latest version at no avail (version F5).

Comment

Hi pharmacist - you would be better off filing a bug or posting on a gigabyte support forum. This doesn't sound like something the kubuntu community will be able to fix for you.

Comment

Originally posted by pharmacist View Post
          This seems to be known problem causing the boot process during installation to be halted. Nothing can be done.

Can somebody tell me how to solve this problem ?
          While it would be nice to know which Gigabyte MB you have, PC World had a recent article about the AMD Ryzen and the impact of various chipsets. http://www.pcworld.com/article/31750...4-chipset.html
          The next brick house on the left
          Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

FWIW I read on Google+ recently that newer kernels fix the Gigabyte Mobo issues. I believe you need kernel >= 4.10.x.
            Image already added
            ​"Keep it between the ditches"
            K*Digest Blog
            K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Is this kernel already implementated in the latest Kubuntu/Ubuntu versions ? Since I can only burn the usb stick using Windows, not sure if you can slipstream the latest 4.10 kernel into this usb stick from inside Windows 10 ?

Comment

Originally posted by pharmacist View Post
                Is this kernel already implementated in the latest Kubuntu/Ubuntu versions ? Since I can only burn the usb stick using Windows, not sure if you can slipstream the latest 4.10 kernel into this usb stick from inside Windows 10 ?
                Kubuntu 17.04 uses a 4.10 kernel.
                we see things not as they are, but as we are.
                -- anais nin

Comment

Working...
                X