Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kubuntu 17.04 Where have the minimised windows gone?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 17.04 Where have the minimised windows gone?

I've just installed Kubuntu 17.04 and most things are ok except for minimising windows, they just disappear, not to be seen again on the bottom panel. Research suggests adding Task Manager to panel but there is no such widget in the list. Is this a known problem? How does it get fixed? It's rather important to have access to minimised windows so as to 'maximise' them!

Have you tried right-click in the empty section panel to see what task-manager settings there are. Also you should have access to all active windows by default by scrolling quickly into the top left corner of the screen.

Comment

Both Task Manager and Icons-Only Task Manager are in the widgets, and Task Manager is installed to the panel by default.

How long ago did you do this install and what have you done to it since then? If what you said in your OP is correct, either something is wrong from installation or something has been done that broke it - like messed up permissions in your home folder.

Please Read Me

Comment

Do you have dual screens? Often if I have two screens with a panel on each, apps will go to the other screens panel.

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
          Both Task Manager and Icons-Only Task Manager are in the widgets, and Task Manager is installed to the panel by default.

How long ago did you do this install and what have you done to it since then? If what you said in your OP is correct, either something is wrong from installation or something has been done that broke it - like messed up permissions in your home folder.
          I downloaded and installed Kubuntu a few days ago (ie late June 2017) from the Kubuntu website via a DVD as a fresh install in a VIrtualBox VM. What have I done to it? Not a lot, I'm just trying it before considering moving to it permanently (not by an upgrade). I've found the Icons-Only Task Manager but as far as I can tell the 'Task Manager' was not installed to the panel by default. BTW, I've not touched the permission of the home folder. Since I now have the Icons-Only Task Manager working I can consider this thread closed for now.

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
            Do you have dual screens? Often if I have two screens with a panel on each, apps will go to the other screens panel.
            No I don't have dual screens.

Comment

Working...
            X