This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Reddit Discussion Regarding Latte Dock And Activities

Those of us who love Latte Dock on our Plasma desktop may well enjoy this discussion from a Latte Dev. He seems pretty excited, and I'm curious to see what the community comes up with for valid use-cases for this bit of functionality when it comes. I can see this really being a boon to those running 2-in-1 laptops or for those in some type of production environment...

The thing is that I have now a design solution for per activity docks/panels in Latte. The user could choose a specific dock layout for its Activity if wants to. A design that can be clean, maintainable and intuitive for the user to use. Imagine that you change at your special Activity and after 1-2secs all your docks layout is changing to what you have configured including your multi-screen dock presence. Imagine you have configured a special Activity for your convertable that has a different layout than when using as laptop... etc. etc.
    Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comment...the_future_is/
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

I'd prefer it if they concentrate on making an new stable 0.7 release.

So I can get it into kubuntu (hopefully)
    On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

I can see your point. In the meantime, have you seen this? Very interesting as it has a different aim and philosophy to Latte Dock. I've installed it and it works as advertised.
      ​"Keep it between the ditches"
      K*Digest Blog
      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by dequire View Post
        I can see your point. In the meantime, have you seen this? Very interesting as it has a different aim and philosophy to Latte Dock. I've installed it and it works as advertised.
        It looks like I can get the same effects by using uninstalling the pager widget, making the QuickLauncher widget display only in one row and check the popup box when the mouse is hoovering.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X