This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glowing review of Kubuntu 17.04 by Dedoimedo

I came across this review of K17.04 by Dedoimedo today.

His previous reviews of Kubuntu have been a bit negative but he's really impressed with Zesty Zapus, which he thinks should have been named "Zesty Zaphod"

This is a quote from the final conclusion:
    ... There have been some decent Plasma distros recently. Very good ones, in fact. Maui is a great example. But Kubuntu 17.04 is the first KDE system in a LOOOONG time that I actually want to use, day to day! No silly fanboyism. Just simple delights of discovering high-quality software products, a rare thing these days.
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

That was very pleasing to see.
    On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Of all the nattering nabobs of negativism or the present day chattering class I generally consider Dedoimedo to have opinions of worth.

woodlikesDedoimedosmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
      X