Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

after installation of 17.04 kubuntu i can connect to the network but no internet

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after installation of 17.04 kubuntu i can connect to the network but no internet

so im using an asus essentio optimized for linux for the last few years i was running wily warewolf with alot of success till my hard drives failed i got a few new ones recently and installed 17.04 because for some reason 15.10 got canned and im finding that in 16.04+ wifi networks show up but when i connect to them i cant recieve internet i tried pinging googles servers with no response and my pc keeps logging out of my home network and any hotspots i make every 10 min or so i get re prompted for the password if any of you could help me id really appreciate it because i need to be able to access the repositories and start building my set up and this minor problem is a great source of frustration for me all i can think is that its a problem with the new drivers

from what i can gather this is not a DNS issue

Comment

just reverted to 14.04 problem solved

Comment

trusty is really slow do ubuntu severs still support the kernal that was used in 15.10 or are they not circulating the distro because they were removed

Comment

Do you mind doing the following steps in terminal

1. sudo apt-get install inxi
          2. inxi -Fxzc0
          3. copy and paste output here

Need to first get detail of your system to see if we can help further. My wild guess is if it works in 14.04 we should definitely be able to get it to work in 17.04

Comment

Also on 17.04 can you do the following

1. sudo apt-get install rfkill
            2. rfkill list all
            3. copy and paste output here

Comment

Working...
            X