This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fujitsu Esprimo mobile v5535

Hey guy's I have an Esprimo Mobile v5535 here I have installed kubuntu 17.04 successfully.. An got the video driver working which was a major hassle but thats all fine now...

The things keeps locking up and the CPU is spiking to bits... its a core 2 duo but cpu 2 is spiking up to 100% on idle.. it has a gig of ram an the OS is sitting in 250mb... which should be fine.

I had Linux Mint on it and it installed a "CPU Microcode Udpate" I'm wondering if it needs the same update again ??

Jay

Edit I heard there is live support for kubuntu where can I find that btw ??

I am not sure how Kubuntu would run in general with this hardware. I speak under correction but it might not be suited for 1Gb Ram and an older processor. Regarding your microcode question you can manually do this:

sudo apt-get install microcode.ctl intel-microcode

Comment

Originally posted by jaymcs View Post
      Edit I heard there is live support for kubuntu where can I find that btw ??
      See https://userbase.kde.org/Kubuntu/Sup...net_Relay_Chat
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Live chat is on the IRC channel:

http://www.kubuntu.org/community/

Frankly, I wouldn't expect Plasma 5 to run well on that low powered of a device. I'd start be disabling services you don't need to trim the fat. With some tweaking you might get it usable.

Please Read Me

Comment

Maybe look at Xubuntu. It really is a great distro

Comment

Originally posted by simonsaysthis View Post
            Maybe look at Xubuntu. It really is a great distro
            That it is, AND we are still here!
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
            X