This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi
    I've been asked to provide some more detailed images of my PMC setup on a widescreen t.v.

The below is an image of the wide screen t.v. on a Chinese table with speaker bar in front.

The view is of PMC showing " five (5) images" (on the left in two columns, one in the second column) remember that PMC only displays what is onboard. The background of PMC is set at 60 %. The Desktop wallpaper is a "noir future cityscape". This kind of image fits in well with the general display of the default wallpaper. One can also use a single color on the desktop which allows the default wallpaper to be viewed.

Please take note that the default back of PMC is the default wallpaper of the distro, which in this case is the "greeny, orangy, bluey diagonal and rounded 3-D sections"

For those who have not seen it's latest incarnation I provide a linky because the image is too large to waste forum server space on it.

http://oswallpapers.com/wp-content/u...1024x768-1.jpg

When set to transparency some of it will still show through unless PMC is set to full 100 percent transparency.

I, personally LIKE things to be somewhat transparent to allow the wallpaper to show through. However, in the case of PMC it leads to the thing almost being useless in terms of operating it or viewing something like a video. However, for a "music" (mp3 for instance) almost full transparency works fine.

A clickable thumbnail to Photobucket of PMC showing four pictures.

Below is a clickable thumbnail to Photobucket of PMC playing a music file. Notice the generic "cd" image, the title of the music at top and the controls at the bottom.

The controls are only seen when one mouses over them. The "left arrow", when clicked, takes one back to the "left menu" and whatever section one is in is shown.

Below is a clickable thumbnail showing PMC playing a video. Clicking the top left interactive button allows one to change the transparency to 100 percent easily.

Note, again, the controls below the video which are only seen when the mouse is over them.

Some notes as to useage;

a) I, personally did not have a "problem" with the multiple images showing through when PMC is set to 60 percent transparency, but worried that guests would wonder about it. One of the first comments, from a guy, was, "hey cool! really abstract looking!" ...so...ok.. lol

b) The lower panel is set to NOT be in auto hide mode in these images so that the gentle reader can see the approximate size that this user has for it to be operated from across the room using an "air mouse".

c) The only "option" missing from PMC for playing say, a music file, is that of "loop" or "repeat". But considering that the app is intended for a tablet that is understandable and not a problem for this user.

d) Each individual user really would have to play around with the size of PMC to get it usable on the screen for that particular person.

If there are any questions, as always, please ask.

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Jun 04, 2017, 08:54 PM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Talk about COOL!!

If I can get the Mycroft app ( from GG's post ) to work on this it will be a perfect compliment!

THANKS GG!!

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php?t=72214

woodgratefulsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
      X