This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop bottom corners of the window to make rounded rectangle

I want the bottom corners of the windows to be rounded (with no border). Therefore, a little bit of the content on the corners will be cropped.

Is there any way to do that with custom themes? Currently it looks like this:

I want it to look like this (like in macOS):

The Desktop theme "Oxygen" has rounded corners, but it is a dark theme. If there are other, Kubicle or Rog131 will know.

Otherwise, IF you have professional Qt coding experience you can volunteer to help KDE developers to add that capability to KDE, or perhaps you can make a case for rounded corners to the KDE dev crew.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; May 28, 2017, 12:51 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      The Desktop theme "Oxygen" has rounded corners, but it is a dark theme. If there are other, Kubicle or Rog131 will know.

Otherwise, IF you have professional Qt coding experience you can volunteer to help KDE developers to add that capability to KDE, or perhaps you can make a case for rounded corners to the KDE dev crew.
      Does it have rounded corners without border? I'm currently using Breeze with no side borders and it looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170528_220310.png
Views:	1
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	643517

Comment

Pretty much. It's easy to test to see if you like it. If not, switch back.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          Pretty much. It's easy to test to see if you like it. If not, switch back.
          I can't get new themes right now ("Network error (6)") so I can't test it.

Comment

Originally posted by farukdgn View Post
            I can't get new themes right now ("Network error (6)") so I can't test it.
            opendesktop.org is notorious for that.

Comment

I have just noticed that you're talking about Desktop Theme (not Windows Decorations). I tried that but appearance of windows don't change.

Comment

Working...
              X