This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated ISO for Kubuntu 17.04?

Will there be an updated ISO coming out soon for Kubuntu 17.04 with networking working out of the box? If so, when? Cheers,

Hans

"...with networking working out of the box?"

That's a dubious question/expectation, especially given that you've provide absolutely no information as to the networking hardware you have/are using.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

To answer the question, no there will not be an updated 17.04 iso. The only reason they would update a non-LTS iso is to fix a critical bug, such as an installer crash or similar, and not for general hardware support.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
        "...with networking working out of the box?"

That's a dubious question/expectation, especially given that you've provide absolutely no information as to the networking hardware you have/are using.
        Sorry, I was referring to the DNSsec problem. Right now I boot a the latest ISO-live session and need to turn DNSsec in /etc/systemd/resolved.conf of and manually add some DNS servers in /etc/resolv.conf before I can get anything from the net, even updates. I understand the problem has been fixed by updates, but since you need to hack some config files before you can get any updates I refrain from giving this release to newbies. It seems proper to get at least an ISO out that let's you get online without any hacking.

Comment

Working...
        X