This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok volume fading grayed out

The title says it all. How do I get back the volume fadeout in Amarok. I'm in Neon with Amarok 2.8.0, which is supposed to have fadinmg even on pause.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

wile on the tab in Amarok's settings that has the volume fading ,,,,,,,,at the bottom of the window is a button "configure phonon" click it ,,,,,,,in the window that pops up , click the "backend" tab ,,,,,, move Gstreamer to the top of the lis,,,, log out and back in and reopen Amarok .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Can't do that. The only backend showing is VLC.
      'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

well I think that the fade out depends on phonon-backend-gstreamer ,,,so it's grayed out.

Neon tryes to stay as light as posable and still give the user a good experience out the box ,,,,,so they included VLC as the media player and audio back end ,,,,,,and I think thats a good choice for default , as it will play almost anything withought having to install any extra codecs ,,,,,,, like having to install the restricted extras package in Kubuntu .

I'll wager if you do an apt search on "phonon-backend-vlc" you will have that ,

I'm in my Neon-/dev/stable right now that started life as Kubuntu-16.04 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,let me boot the Neon-LTS and see what I see.

VINNY
        16GB RAM

Comment

yup ,,,,in Neon-LTS the only phonon packages are

Code:
          inny@vinny-Bonobo-Extreme:~$ apt search phonon | grep installed

WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use with caution in scripts.

libphonon4/xenial,now 4:4.9.1-0neon+16.04+build3 amd64 [installed,automatic]
          libphonon4qt5-4/xenial,now 4:4.9.1-0neon+16.04+build3 amd64 [installed,automatic]
          phonon/xenial,now 4:4.9.1-0neon+16.04+build3 amd64 [installed,automatic]
          [COLOR=#ff0000]phonon-backend-vlc[/COLOR]/xenial,now 0.9.1-0neon+16.04+build5 amd64 [installed,automatic]
          phonon4qt5/xenial,now 4:4.9.1-0neon+16.04+build3 amd64 [installed,automatic]
          phonon4qt5-backend-vlc/xenial,now 0.9.1-0neon+16.04+build5 amd64 [installed,automatic]
          Amarok is not even installed by default.

VINNY
          16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
          X