This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kmail Icon

Good afternoon. I have been having issues with my Kmail tray icon. I have it set to always show in the tray. I have tried different themes and clearing my icon cache but nothing seems to help. Sometimes it will appear just for a second when i start Kmail but then disappears leaving an empty place where the icon should be in the tray. I can still hover over and click the place it is supposed to be and it functions normally, but the icon itself is not there. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Edit: I discovered that it's only when I actually have mail that it turns black/invisible. When I have no mail it appears normally.
    Last edited by Oderus; Apr 19, 2017, 12:57 PM. Reason: Additional Information

What is your "System Tray Settings --> Entries --> KMail" setting. Mine is Shown. I am using the Breeze theme and I have not tried any other themes. The KMail system tray icon works normally for me. It shows an asterisk in the lower right corner when mail appears. It did used to show the number of unread emails in the inbox but stopped doing that several months ago. Don't know why.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

It's listed there as "Shown". I tried changing to breeze and its the same story Blank space where it should be.

Edit: Tried reinstalling kmail, no effect.
      Last edited by Oderus; Apr 19, 2017, 06:33 PM.

Comment

You might try deleting the panel and re-installing it, then adding the system tray and other panel stuff you want to use.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          What is your "System Tray Settings --> Entries --> KMail" setting. Mine is Shown. I am using the Breeze theme and I have not tried any other themes. The KMail system tray icon works normally for me. It shows an asterisk in the lower right corner when mail appears. It did used to show the number of unread emails in the inbox but stopped doing that several months ago. Don't know why.
          Only thing I can think of is inside KMail : Settings > Configure KMail > Appearance > System Tray > Show Unread Mail in tray icon. Also, I figured out that it's actually my icon theme. Kind of confusing being that theres so many places that theres an icon for that place but I read that it was the workspace theme I focused my efforts there but that wasn't it. Actually was the icon theme. It's even showing the number of emails on the icon.

Comment

What themes are you using?
            You might check the contents of kmailrc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

where is that?

Comment

~./config/kmail2rc

Comment

Working...
                X