This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no internet cable connection after upgrade to kububtu 17.04

I upgraded (under virtualbox) the distro from 16:10 to 17:04. Apparently no problems. Except that there is no wired internet connection. The Internet icon is white and not red, as if the connection was there, but then Programs (FF, QupZilla, synaptic) do not connect.
    I saw that others have had problems with wi-fi connections, I with cable connection.
    No connection (even with white, no red internet icon) also with a live-DVD created with systemback.
    Thank you

ISO's installed under Virtual Box usually have automatic detection of wired connections. In your configuration of the ISO you installed did you de-activate the NAT Internet connection?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

IIRC with Virtualbox, removing the wired connection via plasma-nm config and re-adding a new one will often 'solve' this.
      On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
        ISO's installed under Virtual Box usually have automatic detection of wired connections. In your configuration of the ISO you installed did you de-activate the NAT Internet connection?
        No, sorry I don't know how do this...

Comment

Originally posted by acheron View Post
          IIRC with Virtualbox, removing the wired connection via plasma-nm config and re-adding a new one will often 'solve' this.
          I deleted the existing one, and so far it seems works. Thank you

Comment

No! I installed kubuntu 17.04 on HD, and the internet connection is absolutely instable. Always I have to delete the existing and re-create another (not always working).

Comment

Today, after update, no more problems. All seems OK

Comment

Working...
              X