This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Install

new install ,,,,to a BTRFS file system as @hear https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post399520

seems OK so far ,,,,,, at first boot I did a
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    as is my routine and then saw Driver update icon in the system tray , clicked it , and up pops Driver manager (and it works again) offering me the nvidia-375 and intell microcode for the CPU ,,,,,,,,nice ,,,the icon auto popping up in the system tray that is ,,,,new converts are always looking to get their GPU drivers , but usually have a hard time of finding out HOW ,,,this made it real easy ,,, good one

then a flash popup for firefox ,,,,,

then it was bedtime ,,,,,,, LOL

more as we find it ...

OK it's today now and I decide to watch some vids I have in my data drive ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hummmm ok this .mp4 ,,,Dolphin said "open with Dragon Player" ,,,OK ,,,,,,,,,it's just sitting their ,,,teasing me displaying the song title at the bottom of the window,,,,,,,,But ,,,,,,,, nothing.

Hear we need one of those nice popups ,,,, "would you like kubuntu-restricted-extras ? " ,,,,,,,,,,,,,of course installing that gave me a working Dragon player .

going to let it play a wile ,,,,,,,,,back soon

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

O nice ,,,we still have the ver, of Dolphin and Kate that you can launch with "kdesudo" ,,,,,,,but not for long I'll wager

VINNY
    16GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
      O nice ,,,we still have the ver, of Dolphin and Kate that you can launch with "kdesudo" ,,,,,,,but not for long I'll wager

VINNY
      I hope not, that's one of my favorites!

Comment

Originally posted by Oderus View Post
        I hope not, that's one of my favorites!
        sorry to say ,,,,that once we go to the 17+ ver of Dolphin and Kate they will have their root's cut off

Kate can be used with sudoedit (their is some discussion on that @hear some where) and a Dolphin service menu can be made ,,,it works well.

as for anything that dose not involve editing ,,,,,ATM I and a few others are using Krusader , it still works in root mode , and so dose it's built in file editor.

VINNY
        16GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
          sorry to say ,,,,that once we go to the 17+ ver of Dolphin and Kate they will have their root's cut off

Kate can be used with sudoedit (their is some discussion on that @hear some where) and a Dolphin service menu can be made ,,,it works well.

as for anything that dose not involve editing ,,,,,ATM I and a few others are using Krusader , it still works in root mode , and so dose it's built in file editor.

VINNY
          yuck.. change.. I'll have to install that and give it a shot.

Comment

look hear then https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...71012-krusader!

and hear

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...anager-problem

VINNY
            16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
            X