Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like the new blue login screen in Zesty?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oderus View Post
    I Agree completely. Dislike the black splash screen. Not sure how to theme that part yet. You can however change the menu icon easy enough.
    Rog's imagesplash dose indeed let you change the background and splash for the login process ,,,,, quite well

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by acheron View Post
      I actually quite like it, though I am admittedly a fan of more minimalist stuff like this.

However, is also a bit Windows 'boot screenish' which is, ummmmmm...

As said, I would like to hopefully, with feedback from the community, do a bit of a re-work of our look and feel for kubuntu. From boot, sddm, to spash, to desktop tweaks. So all feedback like this is great.
      What would be good is if when a theme is changed, the old one is archived into the Look and Feel menu/store.kde.org. Also, when upgrading, a prompt option to whether to overwrite the theme in the same way there is a prompt to overwrite custom GRUB menus. At the moment, if you enjoy the default theme, it can get overwritten with no easy option to have it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Oderus View Post
        I Agree completely. Dislike the black splash screen. Not sure how to theme that part yet. You can however change the menu icon easy enough.
        I've done a mock up of the old 16.10 splash screen. Extract the zip into /home/USERNAME/.local/share/plasma/look-and-feel/ then you can select it from System Settings/Workspace Theme/Splash Screen

If you go further into the extracted files /kubuntu1610/contents/splash/images you can change the background image. I just found a copy of the old default wallpaper and stuck a load of blur on it

kubuntu1610.zip

Comment

Ok, I want to try this, but I don't seem to have KDE SDDM on my system (KDE 17.04) and I don't see it in the repository. Can someone help me out here?

Thanks,
          Rick

Comment

Working...
          X