Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually had some permission issues with the /usr folder and had to have root take ownership of that directory to get my system to work again... I suspect some of those files were supposed to be owned by the user.. just thinking of this now sorry.

Comment

Snowhog is refering, of course, to this permission error you posted: org.kubuntu.qaptworker3: Permission denied"

The following files are related:
      ~$ locate qaptworker3
      /etc/dbus-1/system.d/org.kubuntu.qaptworker3.conf
      /usr/bin/qaptworker3
      /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.kubuntu.qaptworker3.service
      /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.kubuntu.qaptworker3.policy

:~$ vdir /usr/bin/qaptworker3
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 188760 Jun 30 2016 /usr/bin/qaptworker3

jerry@jerry-Aspire-V3-771:~$ cat /etc/dbus-1/system.d/org.kubuntu.qaptworker3.conf
      <!DOCTYPE busconfig PUBLIC
      "-//freedesktop//DTD D-BUS Bus Configuration 1.0//EN"
      "http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/dbus/1.0/busconfig.dtd">
      <busconfig>

<!-- Only user root can own the QAptWorker service -->
      <policy user="root">
      <allow own="org.kubuntu.qaptworker3"/>
      </policy>

<policy context="default">
      <allow send_destination="org.kubuntu.qaptworker3"/>
      </policy>

</busconfig>

So, try running muon from a konsole using this:
      dbus-run-session muon

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Okay I have tried this, and here's the output

tweak@AmigaBuntu:~$ dbus-run-session muon
        Invalid pixmap specified.
        No frame loaded
        No frame loaded
        No frame loaded
        No frame loaded
        No frame loaded
        No frame loaded
        No frame loaded
        No frame loaded
        No frame loaded
        Found a release
        klauncher not running... launching kdeinit
        kdeinit5: Shutting down running client.
        kdeinit5: preparing to launch 'libkdeinit5_klauncher'
        kdeinit5: Launched KLauncher, pid = 16830, result = 0
        Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QStr ing,QString,QString)
        kdeinit5: opened connection to :0
        kdeinit5: Got EXEC_NEW '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/kf5/kio/file.so' from launcher.
        kdeinit5: preparing to launch '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/kf5/kio/file.so'
        kdeinit5: Got EXEC_NEW '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/kf5/kio/http.so' from launcher.
        kdeinit5: preparing to launch '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/kf5/kio/http.so'
        Activating service name='org.kde.kded5'
        Successfully activated service 'org.kde.kded5'
        Activating service name='org.kde.kglobalaccel'
        Successfully activated service 'org.kde.kglobalaccel'
        detected kglobalaccel restarting, re-registering all shortcut keys
        kdeinit5: Got EXEC_NEW '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec/kf5/kconf_update' from launcher.
        kdeinit5: preparing to launch '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec/kf5/kconf_update'
        kdeinit5: PID 16854 terminated.
        Activating service name='org.freedesktop.Telepathy.AccountManager'
        QDBusConnection: error: could not send message to service "org.kubuntu.qaptworker3" path "Failed to execute program org.kubuntu.qaptworker3: Permission denied" interface "org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" member "GetAll": Invalid object path: Failed to execute program org.kubuntu.qaptworker3: Permission denied
        found error while replying QDBusError("org.qtproject.QtDBus.Error.InvalidObje ctPath", "Invalid object path: Failed to execute program org.kubuntu.qaptworker3: Permission denied")
        found error while replying QDBusError("org.qtproject.QtDBus.Error.InvalidObje ctPath", "Invalid object path: Failed to execute program org.kubuntu.qaptworker3: Permission denied")
        Activating service name='org.kde.KScreen'
        kdeinit5: Got EXEC_NEW '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/kf5/kio/http.so' from launcher.
        kdeinit5: preparing to launch '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/kf5/kio/http.so'
        Successfully activated service 'org.kde.KScreen'
        Activating service name='org.gtk.vfs.Daemon'
        Successfully activated service 'org.gtk.vfs.Daemon'
        Successfully activated service 'org.freedesktop.Telepathy.AccountManager'
        Activating service name='org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KTp.Approve r'
        Activated service 'org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KTp.Approver' failed: Failed to execute program org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KTp.Approver: No such file or directory
        Activating service name='org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KTp.KdedInt egrationModule'
        Activated service 'org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KTp.KdedIntegrat ionModule' failed: Failed to execute program org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KTp.KdedIntegrati onModule: No such file or directory
        kdeinit5: PID 16832 terminated.

The action i tried to do was purging some leftover files.

Comment

Originally posted by Oderus View Post
          I actually had some permission issues with the /usr folder and had to have root take ownership of that directory to get my system to work again... I suspect some of those files were supposed to be owned by the user.. just thinking of this now sorry.
          IF you used the same chown command "sudo chown -R tweak:tweak /home/tweak/" but like this "sudo chown -R root:root /usr" ,,,,,,,,then you will have problems/quirks to come yet ,,,,,some of the hundreds of files/programs under /usr need to be in their own group and not root's that chown command changed every thing in/under /usr to owner=root group=root ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,IF thats what you did ?

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

it is, sadly... sounds like i may have to just reinstall..

Comment

sadly ,,,,I would agree ,,,,,but do wait a day to see if anyone has an Idea for recovery ,,,,,I doubt it .

VINNY
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

ok sounds good. Lesson learned the hard way is still a lesson...

Edit: Think I will wait until April 13th to install 17.04 if I need to reinstall.
                Last edited by Oderus; Apr 04, 2017, 07:58 PM.

Comment

It would not be a bad idea to reinstall with the current release you are using now; just don't format the /home partition.
                  Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                  "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                    It would not be a bad idea to reinstall with the current release you are using now; just don't format the /home partition.
                    i do not have a seperate partition for my home folder... although i can back it up.

Comment

I'd do that. Having a separate /home makes reinstalling, when 'something' such as what you have on your hands occurs, simpler, as you install the OS and don't elect to format the existing /home partition.
                      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

+1

And, after you use a package manager to remove OR purge a file you can use sudo apt autoremove in Konsole to remove orphaned files.
                        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
                        X