Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I broke my printer today, or maybe I broke CUPS?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
    There is a general rule about the amount of time used to fix a problem. It many cases it is quicker and easier to just do a reinstall from the LiveUSB, unless you have a really complicated setup with LOTS of apps and data. Generally, 20 minutes for a fresh install and 2 hours to add additional apps and data from a backup. (You do keep backups, don't you?). So, if you spend, say, 3 hours trying to fix a problem and have made no headway it is better to simply reinstall.

When you say "one way or another" it suggests you either did a fresh install, switched to a different distro, or decided Linux wasn't for you. Which is it?
    Fresh Neon Install. Whatever I did, I made a cluster of it, couldn't log out, couldn't open file manager, couldn't access konsole. I like Linux too much and I'm too dammed stubborn to give up now. I had most of my important stuff backed up, now it's just remembering where I made little tweaks here and there. It's all good, sometimes I have to learn the hard way.

Thanks again guys,

P.S. I couldn't figure out how to mark this thread solved.
    If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecialEd View Post
      P.S. I couldn't figure out how to mark this thread solved.
      Just below the Thread Title you will see:

Click on it and select Mark this thread as solved ​(which was done for you already)
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Got it, thanks.
        Last edited by Snowhog; Mar 29, 2017, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecialEd View Post
          ... I like Linux too much and I'm too dammed stubborn to give up now. I had most of my important stuff backed up, now it's just remembering where I made little tweaks here and there. It's all good, sometimes I have to learn the hard way.
          Ditto, ditto and ditto!
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
            Ditto, ditto and ditto!
            GreyGeek, you have no idea how much influence you and the folks on this forum have had on me in the past two months that I decided to get back into Linux. I wanted to try KDE so I installed Mint KDE. I found this forum and quickly exchanged Mint for Kubunto. After another week or so I changed to Neon. Heck I'm even trying out Vivaldi. The one place we differ is I still prefer Thunderbird, I do not like Kmail or the KO suite. I still haven't found a decent PIM that I like.

Best,

ejs

Comment

Paying it forward ... and backward.
              Lots of people helped me to learn Linux too.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
              X