This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
    well this talk of 5G wireless made me remember that I have that ,,,,,,my ISP (TWC) has me set with 2 wireless connections to my router 1-2.5G and 1-5G ,,,,,I have always used the 2.5G as thats the one the installation Technician had me setup the way I liked .

I can go to their web page to my acct. settings and it will display the wireless passwords so I just got the one for the5G and connected to it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Dang I should have done this before ,,,I'm getting 56.9 Mbps DL and 5.88 UP

VINNY

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6945[/ATTACH]
    What are you paying for you Internet connection to give you that kind of speed?
    Spoil the rest of my day, VINNY, and tell me that Spectrum (TWC) gives you IPv6 as well.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Just to rain a little bit...

Please Read Me

Comment

I just got off of a chat with a Spectrum rep. I asked him when Spectrum would be supplying 1Gb fiber optic to residents in my area. He said real "soon". Uh huh. I asked the same question by chat a year ago and got the same answer. I see Allo trucks all around our neighborhood burying fiber optic cable. I have never seen a TWC or Spectrum truck with a reel of fiber optic on it next to a trench digger ANYWHERE in a two mile radius.

I have IPv6 via SIXXS using the acciu driver found in the repository. However, SIXXS announced that they were shutting down June 6th. I'll have to switch to Hurricane, which doesn't supply a Linux driver and doesn't set up as easily or work as well. Acciu makes IPv6 the default, with less than 1 second fallback to IPv4. Hurricane? Not that I've been able to determine.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          What are you paying for you Internet connection to give you that kind of speed?
          Spoil the rest of my day, VINNY, and tell me that Spectrum (TWC) gives you IPv6 as well.
          $50.00 a month ,,,and yes IPv6 test web pages give me a score of 100%
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

$50.00 a month ,,,and yes IPv6 test web pages give me a score of 100%
            I'm using TWC (Spectrum) too, and I pay $40/mo for 25Mb. (They must be facing competition in your market area)

And twice during the last year I've asked when IPv6 is coming to my neighborhood and I'm told "Real soon now". Uh huh. I'm catching the first highspeed train out of TWC.

Comment

Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post

And what do you pay for that in Minneapolis?

Comment

"I" don't pay anything; it's one of the 'We were already paying for this before you came to live with us, so...' benefits I get to enjoy living with my sister and her husband. I do contribute to household expenses, but mainly it's for the increased food expenses with three in the household instead of two. The arrangement I have with my sister and her husband is very beneficial for me as well as for them. They both have very good retirement incomes, and the house we live in they paid for outright, so no mortgage expense. My retirement income pales compared to theirs, and I would have had to find at least part-time employment after retiring from the Guard if I had had to remain in Alaska. With this arrangement, I don't have to go back to work.
                  Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                  "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Super!
                    One of the bennies we got when we rented this apartment was that cable TV and the Internet were part of the rent. Sounded good ,,,,, within a month after using their free cable TV and Internet I couldn't take it any more. It was Windstream's service. 10 Mbps Internet and 80 channels TV. Most of the TV was infomercials and 1950-1980 sitcoms, the cable news networks, weather, the History channel, which has become a flat earther/aliens channel, the SciFi channel, but how many times to you want to watch Babylon 5, or Stargate, or SciFi Theater 3000?

Windstream had their special Cable Modem/Wifi/TV box which they controlled remotely. It was attached to a couple of 8' dishes planted south of the complex, and pointing into the south, south-west sky. Every time the Sun got behind the satellites they were pointing at the Internet dropped out and the TV became blocky, which was every day for about 30 minutes, and as long as any heavy rain, thunderstorms or snow clouds covered the shy.

We have no significant ISP competition in Lincoln, as you can tell from the high prices paid for such a slow speeds and the "when we get to it" service.

Comment

Regular Wifi

This is what i'm getting and also why I am trying to get the 5Ghz working but not having much more luck lol. It is stable periodically. Signal strength always 100%

5Ghz Wifi

Last edited by Oderus; Apr 02, 2017, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Ya, I can see why you want it to run in the "n" mode.
                        I'm assuming that you have set the swenc, ips, fwlps and msi to zero. That leaves int_clear and disable_watchdog. No harm in trying changes to those two. Set int_clear = 0 first. If that doesn't help then set it back to 1 and set disable_watchdog=1.

Comment

Wifi Blues

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post

[emoji15]Your upload is 1/2 as fast and you download is 6 times faster than my bandwidth, and your download is about 50X faster than my download. [emoji45]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                            Ya, I can see why you want it to run in the "n" mode.
                            I'm assuming that you have set the swenc, ips, fwlps and msi to zero. That leaves int_clear and disable_watchdog. No harm in trying changes to those two. Set int_clear = 0 first. If that doesn't help then set it back to 1 and set disable_watchdog=1.
                            That appears to have done it. Thanks Again GreyGeek!

Comment

My pleasure.

Comment

well this talk of 5G wireless made me remember that I have that ,,,,,,my ISP (TWC) has me set with 2 wireless connections to my router 1-2.5G and 1-5G ,,,,,I have always used the 2.5G as thats the one the installation Technician had me setup the way I liked .

I can go to their web page to my acct. settings and it will display the wireless passwords so I just got the one for the5G and connected to it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Dang I should have done this before ,,,I'm getting 56.9 Mbps DL and 5.88 UP

VINNY

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6945[/ATTACH]
                                Well, I got a Spectrum bill yesterday and my "standard internet" connection (15Mb/s, but I was getting 18-20) fee jumped from $30/mo to $59.99/mo in just two months !!! Last month it rose $5 to $34.99. This month it leaped to $59.99. Supposedly my connection for the last year was a "promotion", but none of the sales slips said it was and the $59.99 figure started appearing on invoices last fall.

I chatted with a Spectrum rep and told him that $60 for 15Mb/s was outrageous. He said that for $5 more I could get 60Mb/s. $65 for 60Mb/s.
                                I thought about it and checked around with other ISP's, but none could/would match that offer. Allo isn't in my neighborhood and won't be for a year or more, if at all. They've already been bought out and their price hikes reflect the collusion I believe is taking place between the big vendors in this area. Anyway, I took Spectrum up on their offer.

I'm now getting around 70Mb down and 6 Mb up. Not happy about it but its better than paying $60 for 17 Mb down and 2.8 Mb up.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170413_121154.png
Views:	1
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	643498
                                Last edited by GreyGeek; Apr 13, 2017, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X