X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knotes and Akonadi Problem

Hello,

I have checked this error in the forums, but I didn't find a solution to my problem.

I can't start akonadi, so I can't use Knotes.

With the command; akonadictl start I get the following output:

Starting Akonadi Server...
    done.
    Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QStr ing,QString,QString)
    carlos@carlos-desktop:~$ akonadiprivate_log: search paths: ("/usr/local/sbin", "/usr/local/bin", "/usr/sbin", "/usr/bin", "/sbin", "/bin", "/usr/games", "/usr/local/games", "/snap/bin", "/usr/sbin", "/usr/local/sbin", "/usr/local/libexec", "/usr/libexec", "/opt/mysql/libexec", "/opt/local/lib/mysql5/bin", "/opt/mysql/sbin")
    Found mysql_install_db: "/usr/bin/mysql_install_db"
    Found mysqlcheck: "/usr/bin/mysqlcheck"
    Using mysqld: "/usr/sbin/mysqld-akonadi"
    mysqld reports version 5.7.17 (Oracle MySQL)
    Executing: "/usr/sbin/mysqld-akonadi" "--defaults-file=/etc/xdg/akonadi/mysql-global.conf --initialize --datadir=/home/carlos/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/"
    mysqld: [ERROR] Could not open required defaults file: /etc/xdg/akonadi/mysql-global.conf
    mysqld: [ERROR] Fatal error in defaults handling. Program aborted!
    Executing: "/usr/sbin/mysqld-akonadi" "--defaults-file=/home/carlos/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf --datadir=/home/carlos/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/ --socket=/tmp/akonadi-carlos.iiiBi3/mysql.socket"
    Database process exited unexpectedly during initial connection!
    executable: "/usr/sbin/mysqld-akonadi"
    arguments: ("--defaults-file=/home/carlos/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf", "--datadir=/home/carlos/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/", "--socket=/tmp/akonadi-carlos.iiiBi3/mysql.socket")
    stdout: ""
    stderr: "mysqld: Error on realpath() on '/var/lib/mysql-files' (Error 2 - No such file or directory)\n2017-03-16T16:18:57.339363Z 0 [Warning] The syntax '--log_warnings/-W' is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Please use '--log_error_verbosity' instead.\n2017-03-16T16:18:57.339425Z 0 [Warning] TIMESTAMP with implicit DEFAULT value is deprecated. Please use --explicit_defaults_for_timestamp server option (see documentation for more details).\n2017-03-16T16:18:57.339483Z 0 [ERROR] Failed to access directory for --secure-file-priv. Please make sure that directory exists and is accessible by MySQL Server. Supplied value : /var/lib/mysql-files\n2017-03-16T16:18:57.339489Z 0 [ERROR] Aborting\n\n2017-03-16T16:18:57.339501Z 0 [Note] Binlog end\n"
    exit code: 1
    process error: "Unknown error"
    terminating service threads
    terminating connection threads
    stopping db process
    Failed to remove Unix socket
    Failed to remove runtime connection config file
    Application 'akonadiserver' exited normally...
    I have tried "rm -Rfv ~/.local/share/akonadi/", "mysql_upgrade -p" (which asked for a password and I couldn't proceed) and uninstalling (apt-get purge) Kmail, Amarok, mysql-common... and reinstalling, but the problem wasn't solved.

In a Konsole issue
    sudo mkdir /var/lib/mysql-files
    and retry
    akonadictl start
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      In a Konsole issue
      sudo mkdir /var/lib/mysql-files
      and retry
      akonadictl start
      Hello GreyGeek,

I tried that in the first place but it didn't work. Then I did the operations I wrote, but I d0dn'tb retry it.

I have done it and it now works.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Glad to be of help!
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X