X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wacon Pen and Touch set up

Hi.
    I'm having trouble setting up my Wacom Pen&Touch tablet. In previous versions of Kubuntu, it showed up in the Input Devices section in System Settings, but not anymore. I have the wacom-system-tablet package installed and some other stuff that I don't remember right now.
    Does anybody know how to make the damn tablet show in the System Settings so I can remap the buttons or, at the very least, turn off the touch sensitivity?
    As always, thanks in advance!!

search the repository for "wacom" and make sure you have the three wacom apps installs, one being the video driver and the other two libraries.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

These are all the Wacom packages that Synaptic lists. You can see what I have installed (first column, blue tick).

Click image for larger version

Name:	wacom packages.png
Views:	1
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	643460

I think I have all that is needed... And as I said, the tablet used to be there before and is in fact working OK except that I can't tweak it...

Comment

Here is what I have installed:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	wacom_drivers.png
Views:	1
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	643461
        My tablet is the Wacom Bamboo, model CTL-460m which was released in 2009. I plug it in and it works. Those files were installed during my initial install of KDE Neon. I did not install them. I plugged in my tablet, it lit up, and immediately worked. I played a while with the mypaint app and the tablet worked fine. BTW, this is the first time I plugged in this tablet in over five years.

You can supplement mypaint with Pencile
        http://pencil.evolus.vn/Downloads.html
        or Pencil2D
        http://www.pencil2d.org
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Mine is the Bamboo Pen&Touch, model CTH-460, must be similar to yours. It also worked just fine since the first time I plugged it in. But before I had the option of remapping the buttons to perform different actions and toggle the touch sensitivity, which I find very convenient because my hand touches the tablet while drawing (I too use MyPaint).

Comment

Now that you mention it I recall a graphic utility which allowed you to set the corners of the Bamboo in an app, and other settings. I looked for it but the only thing I found was xsetwacom, a cli utility that allows you to make setting manually.

Comment

I could turn touch sensitivity off by using xsetwacom, thank you! It was quite easy although not immediately evident.
              Anyway, I wonder what happened to the GUI that I used to have in System Settings...

Comment

System settings is also where I remembered the GUI to be.
                In the past I used the GUI to match the screen drawing surface to the drawing area on the Wacom. Now, the Wacom library does it automatically for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X