X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless USB support for fresh install

Greetings!

Just did a fresh install of 16.10, and having trouble getting my Wireless Wifi working. While doing the install, Kubuntu didn't detect the wireless card, so I tethered my cell phone so it could get the updates while installing.

After rebooting, the hardware drivers screen appeared wanting to know if I wanted to use the drivers for my NVIDIA card and the D-Link card, so I said yes.

Rebooted once again, and disconnected the cell phone.

Looking at the Driver Manager/System settings screen, Under the D-Link Corp item it says, "Using dkms source for the r8812au network driver from rtl8812au-dkms"

Looking under the "Kinfo" screen, under "USB devices/xHCI Host Adapter" is says "D-Link Wireless adapter".

So is there something else I need to do in order to get the wireless card working?

The actual card is the D-Link Wireless AC1200 Dual Band USB Adapter. Model DWA-182.

Thanks!

Found this link with the driver, and simple instructions to compile it. After restarting the computer I was able to select my network.

http://cfyves.com/2015/03/17/how-to-...untu/#comments

However now it drops the connection every 10 minutes or so and spends about a minute reconnecting/

Comment

Anything in the logs as to why? Could be the router, could be USB power toggle as a power saving maneuver...

Have you tried different USB ports? Modem have current firmware?

Please Read Me

Comment

What is your "Lease" setting at. I keep mine at 1440 minutes. Is your's at 10 minutes?
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X