X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendation Request for a 4-in-1 printer

Hello,

My old HP inkjet finally died. I need a fully Linux (Kubuntu) compatible printer with the following specs:

- 4-in-one (Print, Copy, Scan, Fax). Yes I still use fax for my business.

- Wifi Enabled

- Direct printing on printable disks (CDs, DVDs, etc.)

- $150 price range

I’ve been spending a lot of time searching the OpenPrint database, but a lot of newer printers are not listed at all or they’re listed, but not verified by the administrators.

I’m hoping direct member experience will shorten my inefficient search efforts so far. Please advise.

mhumm2
    "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Have you used this resource?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Not sure about direct printing to optical media, but I bought a Brother Multi-function MFC-J880DW back in August and absolutely love it.
      ​"Keep it between the ditches"
      K*Digest Blog
      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

- Direct printing on printable disks (CDs, DVDs, etc.)
        For this you will need an inkjet since you can't put a cd thru a fuser..

for the rest you can use a laser unit i would suggest getting a laser printer it will cost a bit more but the toner will last a lot longer then ink carts and your print cost per page will be much lower as a result.
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

There aren't a lot of choices below $150 with all that functionality combined. This one lists at $199 but is current on sale at $129:

https://epson.com/For-Home/Printers/...r/p/C11CE78201

http://tutorialforlinux.com/2016/03/...lts-gnu-linux/

Please Read Me

Comment

Thank you for all the suggestions. I finally settled on an Epson WF-3620. The selection tool recommended by Snow Hog was valuable -- thank you. The install was simple and I have full functionality for printing, copying/scanning, and faxing. I was also able to connect all of our smart phones to the printer via Wifi. Thanks again.
            "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Comment

Working...
            X