This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please concider rating Kubuntu on Distrowatch

We who run Kubntu Linux must like it, else why are we running it; why are we sticking with it, right?

Please concider rating the version of Kubuntu you are running, along with providing a review at https://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?re...distro=kubuntu

This is a simple way you can be a Kubuntu Linux advocate.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

I just did.

Comment

Me, too, 30 minutes ago. Looks like it might take awhile for them to review and post it. (EDIT: Actually, they posted my review seconds after I said it might take awhile! )
      Last edited by Qqmike; Jan 29, 2017, 02:16 PM.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

done

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Feel like I'm back in school...

HERE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
            We who run Kubntu Linux must like it, else why are we running it; why are we sticking with it, right?

Please concider rating the version of Kubuntu you are running, along with providing a review at https://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?re...distro=kubuntu

Thanks very much for the distrowatch address to do such a posting. I have now bookmarked it and also put in my review which is 10/10.

I am wondering if I should put in another two reviews for the other Kubuntu versions that I have.

Comment

I posted a review of K14.04 -- 10/10
              Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
              Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post

And so I notice a comment on the 24th, 26th, a bunch on the 29th and a couple today. Looks like we carpet bombed it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Considered, and done!
                  The next brick house on the left
                  Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I just posted a review for Cosmic. I wish I could have given more than 10/10. Kubuntu is perfect for my laptop.

Comment

Didn't see this thread before, so went over to Distrowatch right away. Better late than never :-)

Comment

Originally posted by papakanush View Post
                        I know this is an old thread, but I just posted a review for Cosmic. I wish I could have given more than 10/10. Kubuntu is perfect for my laptop.
                        Sorry to say that I cannot honestly rate Cosmic at this stage because my HP printer cannot be configured and I cannot use it to print anything. Also, when I use LibreOffice Presentation with an embedded video, the projected video is not at the correct screen size.

So, in short, I cannot use Cosmic as a production machine at this stage and therefore cannot recommend it.

Comment

I will come back to this once I bash 18.04 around a bit more and make sure I can give a good opinion. So far things seem awesome and am very impressed. Really, things are nice and snappy on a oldish Windows 7 Laptop. I don't really expect a really new Linux OS to work on all old equipment but this is doing fine. Windows 10 worked pretty well also but not as snappy as Kubuntu. Boot seems slow so I will have to time it, I'm sure it is on par with Windows or even quicker, it should be on my list of things to do.

I've always liked KDE so this was right up my alley, though did not like Kubuntu 14.04 all that well so moved to Mint's KDE at the time.

It don't appear that you need to be a member to post at Distrowatch? but I didn't try so not sure.
                          Dell OptiPlex 9010 SFF, 8GB RAM, i7 3770, Kubuntu 18.04, MB 051FJ8

Comment

done as done
                            AND I addressed the "it is a powerhog" and "it is hard" and "what does it DO!!?? " that have been my rants for years,
                            thanks for the link.
                            woody
                            sigpic
                            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

LOL
                              my post was not up as of this instant, maybe they thought I am a fanboi!
                              woodsmoke
                              sigpic
                              Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
                              X