Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done. Since I've discovered Kubuntu I've wondered why it's so low on the distrowatch rankings. Given the popularity of the KDE desktop there must be more people using Kubuntu than the position suggests - unless of course users are simply sticking with their distro with no need to click on the links which go to tally up the hits.

Comment

Originally posted by NoWorries View Post
      Sorry to say that I cannot honestly rate Cosmic at this stage because my HP printer cannot be configured and I cannot use it to print anything. Also, when I use LibreOffice Presentation with an embedded video, the projected video is not at the correct screen size.

So, in short, I cannot use Cosmic as a production machine at this stage and therefore cannot recommend it.
      I am now on Eoan (19.10) and it is progressing at a great rate of knots. The only problem that I have is still with LibreOffice and its inability to handle embedded videos. This is a LibreOffice problem and NOT an Eoan problem. With Kernel Version 5.2.0-3, KDE Frameworks 5.58 and KDE Plasma 5.15.90, it is certainly an impressive desktop and I look forward to its release.

KDE has the advantage of being flexible and configurable to whatever style you want in case you are not happy with the default desktop layout. Also, the Kubuntu community is very friendly and helpful to those who need help or just want to say how good it is.

Comment

This is what I've posted on DistroWatch:

Honestly, I can tell you I've been using Kubuntu on my PC since 2008 and I don't regret it ever. Hey! I even cross compile to Windows if I wanna. Since Kubuntu includes many features like automatically changing your background image, taking a screenshot, Kate text editor, a taskbar and even a Latte version of it, I always feel comfortable using Kubuntu. GTK3 apps like GIMP can easily be run on my PC as well, but I also wanna try Krita since I've kept hearing good stuff about it. It makes it easy to develop my HiddenChest game engine. I can easily get packages like SDL2 among many others. Usually I've preferred to stay in the safe side and keep the LTS version still I think it's convenient to upgrade to the next LTS edition. It's incredible to notice how 12 years have passed and I don't wanna let Kubuntu behind at all.

Just waiting to test Focal once it's officially released... or I might just install KDE Neon.
        Multibooting: Kubuntu Focal Fossa 20.04
        Before: Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
        Win 10 sadly
        Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Please consider changing the post's title

Comment

Working...
          X