This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
    Launch Muon Package Manager and check the settings I identified in post #7.
    Everything was already checked except "sources" and backports (which I had added to get a newer Kdeconnect). Just to be sure I checked those too but it still did not find ksnapshot, even with everything checked.

Comment

Open a konsole and run sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

When it finishes, logout, reboot and log back in. Open a konsole and type sudo apt-get install ksnapshot
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Open a konsole and run sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

When it finishes, logout, reboot and log back in. Open a konsole and type sudo apt-get install ksnapshot
        It's really annoying me to be so much trouble here, but I just did all that and still get
        E: Unable to locate package ksnapshot

Comment

ksnapshot is not in the Yakkety 16.10 repositories
          On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Originally posted by acheron View Post
            Oops! You are correct. I was mistaken in my original post, as I was in 16.04 (Xenial) and not in 16.10 (Yakkety). Oh well. /me hangs head in sorrow and moves into the corner for contemplation.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Oops! You are correct. I was mistaken in my original post, as I was in 16.04 (Xenial) and not in 16.10 (Yakkety). Oh well. /me hangs head in sorrow and moves into the corner for contemplation.
              At least I know I'm not crazy or totally inept, LOL. I was beginning to wonder! I appreciate the effort, anyway.

I don't suppose we get a vote on it but I much prefer Ksnapshot to Spectacle and Muon to Discover.

Comment

OK, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X