X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio delayed, slowed, deformed

Hello Community!

I use Kubuntu 16.10 with latest KDE 5.8.5 and latest stable kernel 4.9.4 with audio over DisplayPort on an ATI graphic card.

My audio plays but first it starts delayed and then it plays very slow and sounds deformed.

I checked AlsaMixer in terminal, there is only S/PDIF with green 00, but nothing to change for the ATI sound card.

How can I fix my issue?

Thank you,
    Richard

check system settings-> multimedia -> audio volume and see if you can change any setting for your amd card there.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Yes, my ati card Tahiti XT HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 7970 Series] Digital Stereo (HDMI) ist listed.

I selected this card in every section (notifications, music, video, communication, etc. ) as default and put it to the top priority.

What is interesting is that the menu shows me 6 HDMI ports of the ATI card, however, it only plays sound with first HDMI entry, what I have selected. Even when I test sound front left and front right it starts delayed and sounds slow and deformed.

Any idea what is wrong?

Comment

no. im not sure, are you using the ati driver or the open source one? the differnt Ports could just be different modes for the hdmi audio
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Hi!

I not changed the driver setup so it should be the open source one.

The card is detected properly: 1 [HDMI] HDA-Intel-HDA ATI HDMI
          pulse audio is also running: 5747 ? 00:00:02 pulseaudio
          changing of latency in pavucontrol doesn't help

Codec ATI R6xx HDMI is reported, therefore I added "options snd-hda-intel" to the ALSA-Configuration.txt.gz
          I am not sure how to specify the model name correctly, I only added the line to the configuration.

As backend I tried Phonon GStreamer and Phonon VLC, it doesn't work with both

I changed these values according to ArchLinux Docu:
          /etc/pulse/daemon.conf
          default-fragments = 5
          default-fragment-size-msec = 2

I have added options snd-hda-intel to the ALSA-Configuration.txt.gz

/etc/pulse/daemon.conf
          default-sample-rate = 48000

I found also a bug report here:http://git.net/ml/ubuntu-bugs/2016-1/msg11489.html
          what makes me believe I can't fix the issue. Maybe I specified "options snd-hda-intel" wrong?

Comment

Working...
          X