This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
    Right click on the desktop, select "Configure Desktop," change "Layout" to "Desktop" or "Folder View."

There used to be more options. Basically, Desktop mode shows widgets on the desktop, not icons. Folder view shows the contents of a folder as icons, but no widgets - like the old Windows way of displaying a desktop.

IMO, the best option is to leave it in "Desktop" mode and have a Folder View widget. Then you have the best of both worlds. I have a larger folder view widget what a transparent background that displays the contents of my desktop folder as icons.

Here's a screenshot of half my desktop showing both the folder widget (on the far left) and also "Sticky Note" widget I get instead of icons like apparently the rest of you are. Must be because I have the "Notes" widget installed.
    Thank you for responding.

When I right click on the desktop, I do not see the option 'configure desktop' in the dropdown menu!
    kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

Comment

the text for the configure option will be different based on the desktop type. it might say configure folderview or something else . it should be the last item in the menu if you can not find it then try the keyboard combo alt+D then alt+S after clicking on a blank space on the desktop (its the shortcut for configure)
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
        the text for the configure option will be different based on the desktop type. it might say configure folderview or something else . it should be the last item in the menu if you can not find it then try the keyboard combo alt+D then alt+S after clicking on a blank space on the desktop (its the shortcut for configure)
        My last entry is Default Desktop Settings - Concerns view of the wallpaper and mouse actions.

Comment

Sorry, didn't notice you were still on 14.04

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
            Sorry, didn't notice you were still on 14.04
            That's all right.

The point is you tried to help

I have now solved the problem of creating web links to the desktop and of resizing the icons.

Best wishes, and Happy New Year

Comment

Working...
            X