This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touch pad problem on HP Envy 15

I've been very happy using Kubuntu on a HP laptop so updated to a newer HP ENVY Laptop (nontouch screen) recently. I have a problem with mouse pointer control using the the touch pad. I've tried all the settting but nothing solves this problem so unless I find the answer quickly I'll be stuck with win10 on the laptop.

The are three effects of this problem, the more simple one is finding a speed for the pointer. In configuration application it works great but in normal use is very hit and miss. The second problem is it seems when I move the pointer towards a editable area like a form it shoot off either to the top right of the screen or bottom left. I could just about cope with these to problems but problem 3 is the killer. The buttons on the touch pad are built into the pad so not seperate as on some laptop. The way I use a touchpad I normally always have one finger on the left button for clicking and a finger on the other hand to move the pointer around the screen. I can not do this because when I do the mouse pointer does not move. It seem the software is thinking I have two finger on the pad.

I hope I've explained that correctly, I suspect I've not but out of my desperation I also installed Mint and had the same problem. It seem Ubuntu don't play well with HP Envy laptops.
Working...
X