Clear All

Cannot install Kubuntu Gui via commandline

Good Afternoon,
    i'm trying to install the Kubuntu Gui via command line but if i execute the
    command

apt-get install kubuntu-desktop

the prompt return the following message:

E: Unmet dependencies.Try ' apt-get -f install' with no package

And than if i execute ' apt-get -f install' the prompt return the following error:

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Please, do you know how i can fix this issue or maybe if i have to follow an other way in order to install the Kubuntu Gui on the server?

Thanks

Emanuele

Welcome to the forums.

It would help if you could inform us what it is you are trying to do?

the Kubuntu-desktop is a meta package that installs not only the plasma desktop but also packages found in the Kubuntu distribution. If you have Kubuntu 16.04 already installed you do not need to use this command to install the "kubuntu desktop" as you have already got it. If you're wanting to upgrade the plasma desktop to the latest version, you do not do it this way. Some more information is required from you so that we can help you with your problem.

Thank you
    systemd is not for me. I am a retro Nintendo gamer. consoles I play on are, SNES; N64; GameCube and WII.
    Host: mx Kernel: 4.19.0-6-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 8.3.0 Desktop: Trinity R14.0.8 tk: Qt 3.5.0 info: kicker wm: Twin 3.0 base: Debian GNU/Linux 10

Comment

Sorry..maybe is better explain what i did. Two days ago i bought a VPS space from OVH https://www.ovh.it/vps/vps-ssd.xml with Kubuntu OS.
      What i need is a Kubuntu remote machine that i can access and use like a desktop machine so i need a graphic interface. In this moment if i access to the server i can just use the command line.

Please what can i do?

Comment

Try
        startx
        or
        startkde
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X