This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you move widgets in kde 5.5?

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to move a widget.

If I hover over the widget for about a second, the tool bar appears on the right. But if I click on that in the middle to move the widget, my cursor changes to a fist and the bloody widget DISAPPEARS!

If I left click for a coupe of seconds, the tool bar comes up, but the result is the same: the fist and then evaporation of the widget.

How do you use this thing?

Also, how do I find the version of plasma, or is it the same as the version of kde?
    Last edited by Snowhog; Sep 08, 2019, 07:32 PM.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Your widgets might be crashing. Maybe there are some clues in ~/.xesession-errors

You can run kinfocenter to see kde/plasma versions.

Comment

Thanks for the tips.

I can not see anything clearly in .xsession-errors because there are no timestamps. So I will wait for the error to occur again-- because it has stopped!

Don't you just love intermittent errors?
      'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

You can try doing tail -f .xsession-errors in terminal, while recreating the error and see if anything pops up.

Comment

Originally posted by sasha View Post
          You can try doing tail -f .xsession-errors in terminal, while recreating the error and see if anything pops up.
          This. This right here.

This is one of a couple of fora I frequent where I really wish we had a like button
          we see things not as they are, but as we are.
          -- anais nin

Comment

Working...
          X