X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enabling Folder View on Desktop

Hello,

I am testing Kubuntu 16.04 (I am on 14.04 using KDE 4) to see how I like the changes to KDE, and one thing I find oddly missing is the ability to get my desktop folder to display on the desktop without using a widget. The Layout option that was in KDE 4 is disabled or just not there.. I was hoping there is a way to enable it? A screenshot of what I am referring to is included here if it helps.

Attached Files

I miss the netbook desktop...
    KDE, with it's #5, seems to get closer and closer to Gnome3 (see the new dashboard widget). But at least they kept the old-good taskbar alive, and a lot of options in System Settings. Hopefully they will bring back to life the old desktops too (folder and netbook).
    Last edited by aria; Nov 09, 2016, 10:36 PM.
    aria

Comment

Right-click on the desktop>Desktop Settings>Choose "Folder View" from the "Layout" dropdown
      (you need to have widgets unlocked to change the layout)

Comment

I would note that the above may be under the 'Wallpaper' section, which is slightly odd.
        On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Oh wow thank you I got it now!

Honestly aria I like 5, for the most part. There are things I dont like, such as how big things are (for example calender and the app menu), but those are just widgets so making new ones should be capable right? KDM I miss greatly, and it doesnt look like you can change your look and feel well but maybe you can in the later versions.
          Last edited by Raevyn; Nov 10, 2016, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X