This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KMail keeps prompting constantly for an account password

After running perfectly KMail now keeps prompting constantly for an account password. Perhaps its a wallet issue. In System Settings- user manager beneath my email address there's a password field. Is that my email password or administrator password? Both fields were previously empty.

...well it resolved itself spontaneously. Nothing I did.

Comment

Updates do that. Did you get one?
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
        Updates do that. Did you get one?
        Possibly, although I don't remember having one during the time it was malfunctioning.

The only issue I have with it now, if I close down Kmail it will not re-open unless I reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by fastship View Post
          Possibly, although I don't remember having one during the time it was malfunctioning.

The only issue I have with it now, if I close down Kmail it will not re-open unless I reboot.
          After you reboot does ksyslog or dmesg leave any message about kmail prior to the reboot?
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I don't know which dmesg command would provide the appropriate output.

Comment

Working...
            X