This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to remove widget's from desktop

Hello all, I installed 16.10 a few days ago, and I don't see any way to remove an added widget to the desktop.
    Of course I check is not locked. The unique way is to remove the plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrcfile but it's too annoy start from scratch all the time.

Also (probably related) in general, if I try to remove in a panel, kde crash and I need to restart plasmashell manually (probably don't handle the issue if it can't update the plasma config file)
    Last edited by mberrueta; Nov 02, 2016, 07:22 AM. Reason: solved

Left click and hold on the widget. A options bar will appear, including a an 'X' to remove the widget.
    On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Originally posted by acheron View Post
      Left click and hold on the widget. A options bar will appear, including a an 'X' to remove the widget.

Hello acheron, I tried that, I'm able to move it, but this button doesn't appears.

(I'm using a Lenovo yoga 710 with nvidea graphic card if it's matter )

Comment

You need to press and hold the press for a few seconds. Longer than needed to activate the ability to drag and move.

So you get something like:

You can also change the default behaviour by right clicking the desktop, selecting Desktop Settings, and under Tweaks turn off the requirement to press and hold. Then just hovering over the widget should activate the options bar.
        On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Originally posted by acheron View Post
          You need to press and hold the press for a few seconds. Longer than needed to activate the ability to drag and move.

So you get something like:

You can also change the default behaviour by right clicking the desktop, selecting Desktop Settings, and under Tweaks turn off the requirement to press and hold. Then just hovering over the widget should activate the options bar.

yeaaah, it works

The problem is that the pad it's to sensible, so when I press and hold, take a very short move and then the close menu doesn't appear.

thanks man! u rock!

Comment

Working...
          X