This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

issues with cmake, trying to intall gmail feed widget

I am having a hard time installing the gmail feed widget, and I'm not sure how to proceed. I am a Linux novice, so I'm not sure what information would be helpful. This is what the output in terminal was when I tried to run cmake to install the feed.

What should I do, and what information do others need to help me figure out what went wrong?

Thank you so much for your time!

comptroller@comptroller-desktop:~/Downloads/gmailfeed-master$ cmake .
    -- The C compiler identification is GNU 5.4.0
    -- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 5.4.0
    -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
    -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works
    -- Detecting C compiler ABI info
    -- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
    -- Detecting C compile features
    -- Detecting C compile features - done
    -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
    -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
    -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
    -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
    -- Detecting CXX compile features
    -- Detecting CXX compile features - done
    CMake Warning at /usr/share/ECM/modules/ECMQueryQmake.cmake:22 (message):
    Failed call: qmake-qt5 -query "QT_INSTALL_PREFIX"
    Call Stack (most recent call first):
    /usr/share/ECM/kde-modules/KDEInstallDirs.cmake:431 (query_qmake)
    CMakeLists.txt:11 (include)

CMake Error at /usr/share/ECM/modules/ECMQueryQmake.cmake:23 (message):
    QMake call failed: No such file or directory

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
    See also "/home/comptroller/Downloads/gmailfeed-master/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

Ecm ?

Originally posted by classl3ss View Post
    I am having a hard time installing the gmail feed widget, and I'm not sure how to proceed. I am a Linux novice, so I'm not sure what information would be helpful. This is what the output in terminal was when I tried to run cmake to install the feed.

What should I do, and what information do others need to help me figure out what went wrong?

Thank you so much for your time!

comptroller@comptroller-desktop:~/Downloads/gmailfeed-master$ cmake .
    CMake Warning at /usr/share/ECM/modules/ECMQueryQmake.cmake:22 (message):
    Failed call: qmake-qt5 -query "QT_INSTALL_PREFIX"

See also "/home/comptroller/Downloads/gmailfeed-master/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

Error message is:

Code:
    Do you have the ECM installed ?
    Ubuntu package extra-cmake-modules - http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?ke...ll&section=all
    Last edited by Rog131; Nov 02, 2016, 03:31 AM.
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

So, in order to further display how much of an amateur I am, what is ECM? I'm assuming this is something I can install?

Thank you again!

Comment

So, in order to further display how much of an amateur I am, what is ECM? I'm assuming this is something I can install?
        It is ' Extra CMake Modules' - more: https://api.kde.org/ecm/manual/ecm.7.html

With the Ubuntu, you install the package: extra-cmake-modules - http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?ke...ll&section=all

AptGet/Howto: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AptGet/Howto

Konsole:
        Code:
        sudo apt-get update
        sudo apt-get install extra-cmake-modules

Comment

Thank you for sticking with this thread, and helping me out!

Actually I already installed Extra Cmake Modules. Just in case I did what you suggested (sudo apt-get update, followed by sudo apt-get install extra-cmake-modules). This was the output:

Code:
          comptroller@comptroller-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install extra-cmake-modules
          Reading package lists... Done
          Building dependency tree       
          Reading state information... Done
          extra-cmake-modules is already the newest version (5.23.0-0ubuntu1~ubuntu16.04~ppa1).
          The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
            gir1.2-gnomekeyring-1.0 gir1.2-gstreamer-1.0 gir1.2-messagingmenu-1.0 gir1.2-notify-0.7 gir1.2-secret-1 gir1.2-wnck-3.0 libcrypt-blowfish-perl libcrypt-simple-perl libemail-mime-encodings-perl libfreezethaw-perl
            libgnome-keyring-common libgnome-keyring0 libgtk2-trayicon-perl libmessaging-menu0 libspeechd2 libwnck-3-0 libwnck-3-common libxres1 linux-headers-4.4.0-31 linux-headers-4.4.0-31-generic linux-headers-4.4.0-36
            linux-headers-4.4.0-36-generic linux-headers-4.4.0-38 linux-headers-4.4.0-38-generic linux-headers-4.4.0-42 linux-headers-4.4.0-42-generic linux-image-4.4.0-31-generic linux-image-4.4.0-36-generic linux-image-4.4.0-38-generic
            linux-image-4.4.0-42-generic linux-image-extra-4.4.0-31-generic linux-image-extra-4.4.0-36-generic linux-image-extra-4.4.0-38-generic linux-image-extra-4.4.0-42-generic python-attr python-cffi-backend python-cryptography
            python-enum34 python-idna python-ipaddress python-openssl python-pam python-pkg-resources python-pyasn1 python-pyasn1-modules python-serial python-service-identity python-six python-twisted-bin python-twisted-core
            python-twisted-words python-zope.interface
          Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
          0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
          What do you think the issue is? Why might Cmake not recognize that I do have ECM installed?

Comment

It's finding ECM ok.

It's not finding qmake etc.
            On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

So, I tried installing qmake, using
              Code:
              sudo apt-get install qt5-default

That worked, however, now when I try running Cmake it gives me this output:
              Code:
              comptroller@comptroller-desktop:~/Downloads/gmailfeed-master/build$ sudo cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DLIB_INSTALL_DIR=lib -DKDE_INSTALL_USE_QT_SYS_PATHS=ON
              CMake Deprecation Warning at /usr/share/ECM/kde-modules/KDEInstallDirs.cmake:311 (message):
                LIB_INSTALL_DIR is deprecated, use KDE_INSTALL_LIBDIR instead.
                /usr/share/ECM/kde-modules/KDEInstallDirs.cmake:405 (_define_relative)

-- Looking for __GLIBC__
              -- Looking for __GLIBC__ - found
              -- Performing Test _OFFT_IS_64BIT
              -- Performing Test _OFFT_IS_64BIT - Success
              CMake Error at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt5/Qt5Config.cmake:26 (find_package):
                Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5Quick" with any
                of the following names:

Qt5QuickConfig.cmake
                  qt5quick-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "Qt5Quick" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
                "Qt5Quick_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
                "Qt5Quick" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has
                been installed.
                CMakeLists.txt:15 (find_package)

See also "/home/comptroller/Downloads/gmailfeed-master/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
              I don't want to make any wrong moves here and cause damage I won't be able to fix. What should my next step be?

Comment

-- Looking for __GLIBC__
                -- Looking for __GLIBC__ - found
                -- Performing Test _OFFT_IS_64BIT
                -- Performing Test _OFFT_IS_64BIT - Success
                CMake Error at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt5/Qt5Config.cmake:26 (find_package):
                Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5Quick" with any
                of the following names:

Qt5QuickConfig.cmake
                qt5quick-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "Qt5Quick" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
                "Qt5Quick_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files. If
                "Qt5Quick" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has
                been installed.
                CMakeLists.txt:15 (find_package)

See also "/home/comptroller/Downloads/gmailfeed-master/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".[/code]

I don't want to make any wrong moves here and cause damage I won't be able to fix. What should my next step be?
                You need to track down and install some missing dependencies, still. You need to find which package provides one of the missing bits I have highlighted in red. You can use the search functions on packages.ubuntu.com to do this, or use the command line tool apt-file.

Code:
                apt-file update
                apt-file search Qt5QuickConfig.cmake
                If one of the pair does not produce any output, search for the second one, and install the -dev package shown in the result

There may be a number of these missing, so it may take a few goes getting all the bits you need

So, for this particular error:
                Code:
                jake@jake-Latitude-E6420:~$ apt-file search Qt5QuickConfig.cmake
                [COLOR="#0000FF"][B]qtdeclarative5-dev[/B]:[/COLOR] /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt5Quick/Qt5QuickConfig.cmake
                The package qtdeclarative5-dev is what needs to be installed.
                Last edited by claydoh; Nov 02, 2016, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Thanks Claydoh! That was very helpful! That got me through the next couple of steps (there was one more dependency missing, but I was able to install it by the same method you showed me).

However, now there is a new issue. Apparently a dependency of the make file is missing.

Code:
                  comptroller@comptroller-desktop:~/Downloads/gmailfeed-master/build$ sudo make
                  Scanning dependencies of target gmailfeedplugin_automoc
                  [ 16%] Automatic moc for target gmailfeedplugin
                  Generating moc_gmailfeedplugin.cpp
                  Generating moc_networkstatus.cpp
                  Generating moc_notification.cpp
                  [ 16%] Built target gmailfeedplugin_automoc
                  Scanning dependencies of target gmailfeedplugin
                  [ 33%] Building CXX object plugin/CMakeFiles/gmailfeedplugin.dir/gmailfeedplugin.cpp.o
                  [ 50%] Building CXX object plugin/CMakeFiles/gmailfeedplugin.dir/networkstatus.cpp.o
                  [ 66%] Building CXX object plugin/CMakeFiles/gmailfeedplugin.dir/notification.cpp.o
                  /home/comptroller/Downloads/gmailfeed-master/plugin/notification.cpp:22:25: fatal error: KNotification: No such file or directory
                  compilation terminated.
                  plugin/CMakeFiles/gmailfeedplugin.dir/build.make:110: recipe for target 'plugin/CMakeFiles/gmailfeedplugin.dir/notification.cpp.o' failed
                  make[2]: *** [plugin/CMakeFiles/gmailfeedplugin.dir/notification.cpp.o] Error 1
                  CMakeFiles/Makefile2:118: recipe for target 'plugin/CMakeFiles/gmailfeedplugin.dir/all' failed
                  make[1]: *** [plugin/CMakeFiles/gmailfeedplugin.dir/all] Error 2
                  Makefile:138: recipe for target 'all' failed
                  make: *** [all] Error 2
                  I feel like we're getting close! What is the next step?

Comment

sudo apt-get install kdelibs5-dev
                    Last edited by sasha; Nov 02, 2016, 08:19 PM.

Comment

don't run make, cmake etc with sudo, it is not needed to compile software, only to do the actual install step afterward.
                      Last edited by claydoh; Nov 02, 2016, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Also, try the official release tar and not the git pull:
                        https://www.linux-apps.com/content/s...content=168237

It actually looks much newer than the git code, and compiled just fine here

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I stopped using sudo with cmake.

However, I am still getting the same error even after trying version 1.1 (which you linked to) and installing kdelibs5-dev. What do you think I should try next?

Code:
                          comptroller@comptroller-desktop:~/Downloads/gmailfeed-1.1/build$ make
                          [ 66%] Automatic moc for target gmailfeedplugin
                          [ 66%] Built target gmailfeedplugin_automoc
                          [ 66%] Building CXX object plugin/CMakeFiles/gmailfeedplugin.dir/notification.cpp.o
                          /home/comptroller/Downloads/gmailfeed-1.1/plugin/notification.cpp:22:25: fatal error: KNotification: No such file or directory
                          compilation terminated.
                          plugin/CMakeFiles/gmailfeedplugin.dir/build.make:110: recipe for target 'plugin/CMakeFiles/gmailfeedplugin.dir/notification.cpp.o' failed
                          make[2]: *** [plugin/CMakeFiles/gmailfeedplugin.dir/notification.cpp.o] Error 1
                          CMakeFiles/Makefile2:118: recipe for target 'plugin/CMakeFiles/gmailfeedplugin.dir/all' failed
                          make[1]: *** [plugin/CMakeFiles/gmailfeedplugin.dir/all] Error 2
                          Makefile:138: recipe for target 'all' failed
                          make: *** [all] Error 2
                          comptroller@comptroller-desktop:~/Downloads/gmailfeed-1.1/build$

Comment

As a quick guess this morning without further checking, I would say requires:

libkf5notifications-dev
                            On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Searching...

User discretion is advised !

Many application/plasma widget binaries can be found the Launchpad PPA system but user discretion is advised !

Personal Package Archives for Ubuntu: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+ppas
                              Searching with the 'gmail feed': https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+ppas?n...ter=gmail+feed

A ppa with the deb packages for the wily/Xenial: https://launchpad.net/~ievgeny/+arch.../plasma5-tools
                              Built packages

plasma-widget-gmailfeed Gmail Feed is a plasmoid for Plasma 5

Build-Depends

Even if you want to build yourself you could use part of the ppa system build dependencies as a guideline.

https://launchpad.net/~ievgeny/+arch...buntu16.04.dsc :
                              Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 9), cmake, g++, plasma-framework-dev, plasma-workspace-dev, libkf5declarative-dev, libkf5globalaccel-dev, libkf5xmlgui-dev, libkf5windowsystem-dev, kdoctools-dev, extra-cmake-modules, kdelibs5-dev, hicolor-icon-theme, qtdeclarative5-dev, qtdeclarative5-private-dev, qtdeclarative5-dev-tools, libkf5config-dev, libkf5configwidgets-dev, libkf5coreaddons-dev, libkf5sonnet-dev, libkf5notifications-dev

Comment

Working...
                              X