X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kmail taking 2 attempts to start

Hi All

One new problem I have with 16.10 is starting kmail. When I click to start it the first time, no kmail window appears. However the System Minitor shows a kmail process has started.

If I kill the kmail process (e.g. killall kmail) and then click a second time, it starts normally.

I checked, and akonadi is running before I try to start it the first time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Last edited by bendy; Nov 19, 2016, 01:11 AM.

I'm still having this problem. What I have noticed is that when I start up and log in, kmail is auto-starting itself and a kmail process is already running before I click on the icon. This isn't something I set up myself i.e. there is nothing in the autostart section in the control centre.

Comment

It's probably running in your system tray, but is marked "auto" (shows only when unread emails exist) or "hidden".
      I mark mine as "show".
      In you KMail settings is the option to start KMail at boot up and to set its icon in the system tray.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I fixed this in the end by going into the System Settings panel then Startup and Shutdown > Desktop Session, and selecting "Start with an empty session" (instead of "Restore previous session").

Comment

Originally posted by bendy View Post
          I fixed this in the end by going into the System Settings panel then Startup and Shutdown > Desktop Session, and selecting "Start with an empty session" (instead of "Restore previous session").

Ah, that's nice to know.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X