This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wizard10000 View Post

BTW, that big, heavy HP Color Laserjet 2605dn that I did have is now happily keeping the boat from floating away as a set of OEM toner costs more than the printer did. Done paying the HP tax, honest
    So it's now a boat anchor, heh?

My laster is an HP LaserJet P1606dn, which I've had for over five years. I've gone through three toner cartridges so far, and it is printing like a champ.

My old HP 5610 Series multifunction printer is holding down the floor of my garage. I can still use its scanner IF I ever need it, but as far as color printing is concerned ....
    When I first got it I also purchased some photo paper for it, with plans of printing my own photos from jpg files. I burned an entire set of color cartridges trying to get it to print something that was passable, but failed. It burned through the black cartridge in days, even though I had it on "draft" for most print jobs. And $28 for the black and $58 for the color was too much to suffer.

Cannon, my printer before the 5610 is also bad about that as well. To minimize the cost of black ink standard printing I purchased reloading injectors to replenish the ink in the cartridges after they were exhausted. That worked great until Cannon followed LexMark's lead and added electrical circuits which sensed the ink level and burned out the drivers in the cartridges when the level was low, making them impossible to reuse. That's when I stopped using Cannon.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard10000 View Post
      In systemsettings --> colors the theme you're currently using should be labeled "Current". Just click the "Save As" button on the right and give the color scheme a name.

If you customize a color scheme it's kept in ~/.local/share/color-schemes. You should be able to find it there and drop it in your Neon setup.

Hope this helps -
      The problem is that the "current" configuration is not in the list so I cannot open that as a starting point. There are several other saved schemas and when I open any one of those it lets me edit/save that.

I booted back into 14.04 and I have some more schemas saved there. I recall after installing Neon I copied my home directory over from 14.04 to Neon. I can't rememebr whether I did that before or after first login though. As a test I can
      1. Create a new user
      2. Copy my 14.04 user home to "new Neon User"
      3. Log in as new Neon User (maybe it will import/convert some bits from KDE.old to KDE.new ?)
      4. Edit and save the current schemas in New User, then copy that to ~/.local/share/color-schemes for my primary neon user ID.

I will give this a plan a test later when I have a bit more time. It might change as I learn/discover more about this... Thank you for the help so far!

Comment

Working...
      X