This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PRINTER] Epson Stylus Pro 4800 problem

I'm unable to print photos properly. The printer will print just a portion of the picture, but off to the left side and badly stretched. This happens whether I'm printing directly from Gimp, or through Gutenprint. Also with Photoprint. I've tried different settings and even used 2 different laptops both running Kubuntu 16.04 64 bit. One of these laptops dual boots Win 7 and with that the print is fine printing from Gimp.

If not the above, it's likely using the wrong driver. Maybe there was a kernel update recently that broke it (I'm assuming based on your post that it has worked in the past, so something must have changed). According to the products webpage, there appears to not be a Linux driver for direct download via https://epson.com/Support/Printers/Single-Function-Inkjet-Printers/Epson-Stylus-Series/Epson-Stylus-Pro-4800/s/SPT_C593001UCM).

Gutenprint shows the supported driver to be escp2-4800. You could check and make sure your computer is using the same printer driver. If it is, it's likely a bug best dealt with via Gutenprint.
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Working...
    X