This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DESKTOP] I have become enamored of the Dashboard menu

as opposed to the "classic" or the Kubuntu / classic (larger) applications menu.

The "lately used" items are right in front of my face.

The favourites are right in front of my face to the left.

As opposed to having to "work through" sub-menus to go after a little used app..

one needs only to click the "all applications" (large btw) button and then scroll wheel down and sweep left to the large (btw) app link.

it works especially well with the large screen t.v. and the airmouse.

woodchanginghismindsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

+1 for the Dashboard menu.

I have it installed in my K16.04. It's brilliant ... easy to find stuff very quickly.
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

mmmmm.... I'm going to give that a try.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Wanted to show all y'all what I'm using - the one thing I missed when moving back from *box to KDE was lack of a customizable service menu for the desktop.

https://store.kde.org/p/998904

Took me a half hour or so to get the dependencies satisfied as documentation only supported RH and SuSE, but it looks like this -

I have to add entries to the root menu by editing kickoffrc, but it works for me.
        Last edited by wizard10000; Oct 04, 2016, 06:42 AM.
        we see things not as they are, but as we are.
        -- anais nin

Comment

I also like the dashboard and use it rather than the other two alternatives. Wizard10000, your desktop looks a lot like the antiX desktop, which I unsuccessfully tried to install on a virtual machine in my netbook.

Comment

nicely done Wizard!
            woodsmoke
            sigpic
            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
            X