This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kmail wallet access error

I've just updated from 15.10 to 16.04. I'm fairly new to plasma 5, as until a few days ago I was using an older laptop with 14.10 installed. So keep in mind I'm basically setting up this system from scratch.

I'm trying to set up an imap account for receiving messages in kmail, but I keep getting this error:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	kmail error.png
Views:	1
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	649133

Now I need to go into some detail about my current wallet situation...
    When I opened kmail for the first time, as far as I can recall, it asked me if I wanted to use the wallet. I don't remember ever having used the wallet before, but I said yes. Then it asked me for my wallet password, which I didn't know because I'd never set one! I tried leaving it blank and it rejected that. I also tried my user password and that didn't work either.
    So I went into the wallet manager, created a new wallet with a password, and deleted the old wallet that I couldn't open. I also set the new wallet to always be open. This is what the wallet manager shows for my wallet:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	wallet-manager.png
Views:	1
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	649134

I'm worried about the fact that no applications appear to have permission to access the wallet - shouldn't kmail be listed there?
    Also, there is absolutely nothing listed in the "access control" tab of the wallet control module.

How can I give kmail permission to access the wallet (assuming that is indeed the cause of the error)?
    "Stella", HP Pavilion 15-ak006TX: KDE Neon User Edition dual-booted with Windows 10, 8gb RAM, Intel i7-6700HQ CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M graphics, 2 TB hard drive

I should add that I've successfully added and authenticated a POP3 account without it complaining about wallet errors - however, I added this account AFTER deleting the old wallet and creating a new one. In case it was related to the wallet deletion I also tried deleting and re-adding the imap account but it didn't fix the problem.

ALSO my server and login details are definitely correct.
    Last edited by dbaker; Sep 29, 2016, 07:11 AM.
    "Stella", HP Pavilion 15-ak006TX: KDE Neon User Edition dual-booted with Windows 10, 8gb RAM, Intel i7-6700HQ CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M graphics, 2 TB hard drive

Comment

I have solved this issue, it was caused by something irritatingly ridiculous.
      The server login details provided on fastmail's website were wrong - they must have changed the server since I got my email address with them. I didn't find out until I was able to get my old laptop (which I had given up for dead) running again and checked the server details in kmail on there.
      It works fine with the correct server name and port. However I did have to change one thing to get email sending to work: check the "use custom sender address" box in the "advanced" tab for the sending configuration. Otherwise I got an error effectively saying no sender was specified.

Comment

Working...
      X