This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help in WiFI connection

I am newbie in Kubuntu. Today I have installed Kubuntu Latest LTS build. Everything is working fine after installation but Some problems keep irritating me after roaming around. They are:
    1. If my laptop goes into sleep mode or I have rebooted laptop, every time I need to provide my wifi password. It can't remember the provided password.
    2. I can't download any software from the software centre. It doesn't shows any software like if I search for " VLC". though my internet is working fine.
    3. If I disable "Power Management" , after reboot it can't remember my setting. it re enabled automatically.

Please help regarding all this problems anyone. Please provide step by step instructions.

Thanks
    Waiting for reply!!
    Last edited by Snowhog; Aug 25, 2016, 11:27 AM.

Originally posted by ceasar47 View Post
    1. If my laptop goes into sleep mode or I have rebooted laptop, every time I need to provide my wifi password. It can't remember the provided password.

Right mouse on the Internet Icon in the System Tray and left click on "Configure Network Connections".
    Select your wifi connection and click the "Edit" tool bar option. Select the "Wi-Fi Security" tab. You will see something like this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160825_192153.png
Views:	1
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	643283
    Enter your password in the Password text box (Mine contains my concealed password.) and click the OK button.

2. I can't download any software from the software centre. It doesn't shows any software like if I search for " VLC". though my internet is working fine.
    That pkg is a work in progress. Open a Konsole and enter:
    sudo apt update
    sudo apt install muon
    When it is done look for Muon Package Manager under the System menu. It's what you want to use.

3. If I disable "Power Management" , after reboot it can't remember my setting. it re enabled automatically.
    I assume you are using Power Management in SystemSetttings. You cannot "disable" Power Management, but you can edit the various settings on "AC Power", "Battery" and "Low Battery", and apply the changes. You'll be asked for your password.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thanks for your quick help regarding my issues.....
      All worked successfully!!

Another query : How to up to date my system with the latest updates from Kubuntu using Konsole. Cause the UI of "Updates" is not showing how much percentage of the update downloaded or completed.

@
      GreyGeek

Thanks again......

Comment

Open a Konsole and type:

sudo apt-get update

then follow that with

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

... is not showing how much percentage of the update downloaded or completed...
          GreyGeek's commands using apt-get certainly work, but the apt commands show slightly more info about progress, and more colourfully:
          Code:
          sudo apt update
          sudo apt full-upgrade
          Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
            GreyGeek's commands using apt-get certainly work, but the apt commands show slightly more info about progress, and more colourfully:
            Code:
            sudo apt update
            sudo apt full-upgrade
            True.
            In my case old habits are hard to break.
            I can't remember the apt parameters and I'm too lazy to look them up.

Comment

Working...
            X