This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DESKTOP] Second screen is black

Hi, I used kubuntu and kde for about eight years. And I had always two screens which was working well. No from a while, I can not use my second screen. On boot up the system on login screen I always have got to screens on. But after login on kde plasma my second screen goes off, and there are only one screen active. I'm not able to get second screen work.
    If I switch to ttyX the second screen works again, on switching pack to tty7 with kde the screen goes off again.

I tried something but nothing works.

I'm on kubuntu 16.04 and on KDE PLASMA 5.6.5.

Someone an idea?

thx
    Michael

Bug 353975 - Black screen on second display : https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=353975 ?
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Some people are using this as a workaround: kquitapp5 plasmashell && kstart5 plasmashell

If it works you might try putting it at the bottom of ~/.profile so it can automatically execute when you first login.
      At least until the bug gets patched.

If you create an account at bugs.kde.org and get on the CC list for that bug you will be notified of changes to the situation and when a patch is posted. Then you can upgrade the software and remove your name from that CC list.
      Last edited by GreyGeek; Jul 04, 2016, 11:04 AM.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Hi, the workaround does not work for me!
        I think you misunderstand something.
        In the bug your wrote me, the second screen is ON and RECOGNIZED by software but it is only BLACK.
        In my case, the second screen WENTS OFF and is NOT recognized. So if i go on display configuration there is only ONE display found and not two!

if I do that you wrote, "kquitapp5 plasmashell && kstart5 plasmashell" nothing changed but I see this in my output, I don't know if that can help?

"requesting unexisting screen 1"

Comment

Switch the monitor's connections and see if the second monitor works OK as. Primary monitor
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X