X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange scrolling behavior with touchpad

Hello all,

I am running Kubuntu 15.10 on a Lenovo Thinkpad X230T (the one that converts into a tablet). For the last couple of months I have been having a frustrating issue with the touchpad. While using two-finger scrolling, if I click anywhere in the window I am scrolling in, then continue scrolling, the window immediately jumps almost all the way back to the top of the page; as you can imagine, this can be really annoying if I am trying to scroll through a long page.

I have noticed this in both web browsing, and in the Dolphin file manager, but it does not seem to be a problem with pdfs or Libreoffice word processor.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Jason

Does anyone understand what might be causing this problem, or how I might begin to diagnose it?

Jason

Comment

Perhaps the web page is senses your tablet as a small form, like a smartphone. My iPhone behaves that way on some sites, especially those with floating ads.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Could that also be the case with Dolphin file manager?

Comment

How would I go about, for example, determining if this is a hardware issue or a software issue?

Comment

Working...
          X