This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] System Settings Have Vanished

I am currently using Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial. I was looking for my system settings control panel today and noticed that it has disappeared. I cannot locate it anywhere in my menus. I gave up on my search and thought of coming here to ask for some help. I would need to know what the command line is to start up the applet, or, the package name for it so I can re-install it.

I have been using XFCE for a number of years and I have lost my familiarity with KDE. Could someone give me a few pointers?

Thank you much in advance!

Ron

Click on the K Menu icon and select Applications > Settings > System Settings.

You could of course, with the K Menu open, just type in the Type to search... area System Settings and it will identify it for you to click on.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thank you Snowhog. I have tried these two actions in my search and did not find any menu item to use. That is what has disappeared and prompted me to post a new thread. Would you happen to know the command line command to use to start it up or, the package name to re-install?

Thanks again,
      Ron

Comment

Are you on a desktop PC or a laptop? IF a laptop, what size screen does it have?
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It comes from the application "systemsettings". You may need to re-install that package.

package "systemsettings" in Launchpad
          Last edited by dequire; May 12, 2016, 01:24 PM.
          ​"Keep it between the ditches"
          K*Digest Blog
          K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Yep, that worked well. I had to re-install systemsettings

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rrpoulin View Post
              Yep, that worked well. I had to re-install systemsettings

Thanks
              Glad it's solved
              ​"Keep it between the ditches"