Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Kubuntu install my graphics drivers automatically?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Kubuntu install my graphics drivers automatically?

Hey there,

I am new to Kubuntu and wondering how to get drivers for my Nvidia 630 installed. When I open the ' driver manager' it keeps saying that it is collecting information about my system.

In total I installed Kubuntu 16.04 on three of my machines. Two have nvidia and one an amd card. Before Kubuntu they had Ununtu and Mint and had no problems with the drivers. I must be missing something here.

I would really appreciate some help in proceding :-)

Thanks!
    Mike

There is a known issue with the Driver manager in 16.04 where it never stops looking. You can run ubuntu-drivers devices from the command line and to see what drivers are available and then use apt to install them or try sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall if you're feeling brave.
    If you're sitting wondering,
    Which Batman is the best,
    There's only one true answer my friend,
    It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

Originally posted by elijathegold View Post
      There is a known issue with the Driver manager in 16.04 where it never stops looking. You can run ubuntu-drivers devices from the command line and to see what drivers are available and then use apt to install them or try sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall if you're feeling brave.
      Thank you for helping me out! Good advice, I was able to install the correct driver with the ubuntu-drivers-devices command and then the proper nvidia command after.

Pc is running like clockwork again!

Much obliged

Comment

Working...
      X