This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Wallet grief

I have been running kubuntu 16.04 beta quite happily for a few weeks on a new laptop. When I booted it up today to download the latest updates, for the very first time a KDE Wallet dialog popped up asking for a password. Now, I haven't set a wallet password, and previously I had always had a blank password so that the wallet system would work, but not hassle me for a password.

This dialog would neither accept a blank password, or my normal login password, so I don't know what it is expecting.

The problem is that kde is using the wallet system to remember wifi passwords. If I disable the wallet system it asks for a wifi password every time I connect, which is annoying. If I enable the wallet system it asks for a password that I don't have and have never set, and then doesn't connect to wifi.

I have tried to set a blank password using the wallet manager, but it won't let me change the password to blank without me first putting in the current password that I don't have.

Is it just me getting this? Any suggestions as to how I can set a default blank wallet password?

Thanks!

p.s. everything works nicely and looks good apart from this........

Try putting in your regular account login password when it asks for one - I have a similar problem that only comes up when I use KRDC, and I have the blank password set too.

I despise kwallet, but I have to use it so I put up with it.
    --
    Intocabile

Comment

Thanks Spadge, but I tried that and it wouldn't accept it.

Comment

You can disable kdewallet and then in network manager connection settings delete your wifi connection and then connect to your wifi again.
        That way your wifi password wont be saved in kwallet.
        Plasma 5 look&feel for KDE4: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=166438

Comment

I had a problem with kwallet and I fixed it by deleting the current wallet then creating a new one a leaving the password as blank. It works fine now.

Comment

Working...
          X