This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely spot on kubicle.

Works a treat, thanks for your help. This is a good example of why I like the kubuntu forum.

Cheers

Comment

Perfect kubicle, Thanks!
      Last edited by GreyGeek; Apr 24, 2016, 01:14 PM.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

nice one ,,thanks @kubical

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Did a fresh install yesterday. Today I just spend the day configuring the desktop and trying the new stuff. Good so far, except for the usual. Weird release bugs like certain KDE modules not working, unresolved dependencies for some packages, theming inconsistencies and frustrating bugs. My experience with Kubuntu leads me to believe all these will be fixed in a couple of months time.
          Processor: AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core @ 4.00GHz (8 Cores,) Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0, Memory: 32768MB
          Disk: 2000GB ST2000DM001-9YN1 + 1000GB ST31000340AS, Network: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411
          Graphics: ASUS AMD Radeon HD 7850, Audio: C-Media CMI8788, Monitor: S220HQL

Comment

Originally posted by ukdave View Post
            Due to getting real fed up with the kubuntu 15.10 and it's various niggling bugs I flounced off in a huff to do a tour of other distros.
            Having done a full circle I have installed the latest kubuntu daily iso and been running for a few days. All I can say is wow the difference is amazing. On my machine it is running faster,smoother and far more stable than 15.10 ever did. Am really looking forward to the final release.
            Big thanks to the kubuntu and kde teams.
            Wow you are a patient sot. I ditched Ubuntu with Unity after 10 months. KDE was rough but it is the interface I like. Now it is getting so much better.

Comment

Made the leap today. Very impressed. All the issues I had with 15.10 seem to have been fixed. I was sure that I was going to have to do a fresh install this time, but the upgrade from 15.10 worked perfectly. It seems a lot faster than 15.10. And, php7 and mysql 5.7 are included by default...very happy about this. My sites just got a hell of a lot faster
              I think I have a record going here. Ive upgraded this install since 14.04 I think.
              Last edited by whatthefunk; Apr 27, 2016, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
                I think I have a record going here. Ive upgraded this install since 14.04 I think.
                That is good. I used to do one and one (fresh install in spring and upgrade in the fall) but this is my third upgrade in a row and all is well. I wonder if anyone has just upgraded since 13.xx or 12.xx? It would be interesting to see how it works compared to a fresh install on same hardware.
                Last edited by Snowhog; Aug 16, 2016, 10:19 AM.

Comment

My laptop was bought in 2010. Acer 7739. I started with 9.04 Alpha, upgraded to 12.04 then 14.04, now 16.04
                  Did a fresh install on all of them, which is my usual practice.
                  I have noticed a significant SPEED increase in the Plasma5 desktop over the Plasma4 in the previous LTS versions.
                  Last edited by GreyGeek; Aug 16, 2016, 08:53 AM. Reason: missing a critical word - SPEED
                  "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                  – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

> icons missing when using dolphin as root

I wanted to add that there is a bug report and a remedy (similar to kubicle's one) in:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=353263

Comment

Glad to hear you're having no problems. I've upgraded from 14.10 and never had any problems until 16.04. As long as I don't suspend (which makes an unholy cluster-knot out of Kubuntu's Plasmashell & Compositor), 16.04 works beautifully and, as you say, seems quicker.
                      Last edited by vtpoet; Apr 28, 2016, 04:21 PM.

Comment

16.04 works great for me too.

I fixed intel graphic problems by switching to DRI3.

Waking from suspend problems are solved by installing intel-microcode. It also doubled battery life.

So no problems for me on 16.04. Smooooth sailing
                        Plasma 5 look&feel for KDE4: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=166438

Comment

The only complaint I have about it is that they removed audio channel switching from the volume widget/system tray icon. That was so useful.

Comment

Originally posted by schnelle View Post
                            16.04 works great for me too.

I fixed intel graphic problems by switching to DRI3.

Waking from suspend problems are solved by installing intel-microcode. It also doubled battery life.

So no problems for me on 16.04. Smooooth sailing
                            Good, schnelle! How did you did it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ganton View Post
                              Good, schnelle! How did you did it?
                              Did what?
                              Plasma 5 look&feel for KDE4: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=166438

Comment

> > Good, schnelle! How did you did it?

> Did what?

Switching to DRI3 and installing intel-microcode

Comment

Working...
                                X